Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, time for everyone to live vicariously through me again!!!:p

Went for a nice ride with Wifey on the Dragon, and Indie and his wife on his V-Strom and me on the trusty 650R! This trip will probably be our last major ride for the year, so we had to make the most of it.

The idea was to travel through to Mole Creek and visit a couple of well known caves in the area, plus the Local wildlife park, so get ready for some cool pics!!

This is a collection of some of the pics, but further down is a list to the individual albums I created in my photobucket account.
First is Indie's Map...
[URL="http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=999140"][url]http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=999140[/URL][/URL]

Just some random shots..

Came to a lookout and had a touring club from the Mainland pass us coming up to it.

Then we got to one of the caves, this was called Marakoopa.

A quick jaunt through the Fern Glade back to the carpark

Then we booked into our cabin for the night......note that we did not bring the tents this time!!! Indie hates the fact that he does not have enough head room to be able to remove his socks!!!!

Night time came after going to the local pub for dinner....bloody nice Burger there!
Went looking for some local critters

This thing gave me the creeps!!

Earlier in the day Indie was lining up to take a photo of the nearby creek, only to realise that he was leaning up against a tree with a bees nest in it!! They are not too active at night time!!

Following morning

We then moved onto the local wildlife park called Trowunna. All of us had been there as a kid, but it has changed a fair bit. The park is creating a quarantine area for the Tasmanian Devil to help protect it from the facial tumour disease.
BTW, it is mating season!!!!

Hey Man.......Got any weed??!!!

And back on the bikes again to another cave system, this is called King Solomans cave.

Then back home!!
This is looking at Mount Roland.

A couple of bikes coming the other way

Hope you enjoy the pics! Below is a link to the individual photo albums for those that want to see more!!!
Mole Creek general photos

Trowunna Wildlife Park

Marakoopa Caves

King Soloman's Caves

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dunno about Zandit though, he doesnt wake up to nice when its early.
I loved this weekend!! Except for the part where someone kept telling me to roll over so I would stop snoring.....I DON'T SNORE!!!!!!!!!:mad::p

And........I'm not a morning person until about 10am!!:p

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Great Zandit. I for one have enjoyed living vicariously through you this Winter. I'll try to return the favour soon. Some amazng photos! As I said before, beautiful country there.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
You didn't need to post the spider pic! ewwww

Glad you didn't drop wifey's bike or put diesel in her bike!!! JUST KIDDING! You know I love you. hahah

Sweet trip!! I think we need to do a NN.com Aussie trip?? I need to get a job to make this happen.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Boar, I know you won't let the team down!!

Spooph, Yep, spot on, a Wombat! Other wombats I have tried to pat sometimes get aggressive and try and nip you, and that can be bloody painful. They have been known to write off cars when they get run over because they are soooo solid, they just cave in the front of your car!
BTW, you need to get into a cave! Haven't you done that yet?

Oh and D..........:p

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
This is awesome! You have a wickedly cool place there Zandit! I want to go in a cave so bad. What is that fuzzy little fella you're petting? Is that a wombat?
That 'fuzzy little fella' can write off a car, I've seen the aftermath of a car hitting one. They have a solid armored back plate that they use to block their tunnel from attacks... doubles up as a anti battering ram for cars :|

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.