Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride today, was supposed to be 50 but was pretty cloudy. I now have 54 total miles on my bike.

My mirrors SUCK!!! Cant see behind me to save my life. I put some of those blind spot mirrors on there too and they haven't helped at all.

Any suggestions???

G

·
I've now got 400 miles on my bike and I learned a mirror trick. When I need to see, I suck in my elbows against my ribs. But at night when headlights are blinding, I poke them out just a tad to block the headlights behind me. The outer one third seems to do all the work.
Sleepy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried adjusting them a few times. I have been pulling in my elbows and throwing them out too. I think I might try to make some kind on an extension at the base to push them out a little more. Has anyone attempted this yet?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Make it habit to turn your head and look slightly back over your sholder before changing lane.You might not see any traffic behind you using the mirrow but a big van can cruise along side and you won't see it.No kidding!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm really good with the head check, Would be nice if you could see someone coming.

If anybody has aftermarkets that work better I'd like to know. Not really interested if they make the bike look better. I want function not fashion.

JT

·
Registered
277 Posts
Pull the mirrors in more so it looks like they're aimed at your chest. They will actually see quite a ways behind you in that position. I had my mirrors adjusted so they pointed straight back for about the first 3k miles, and the last 1700 have been awesome with the way they're pointed now.

Now to see if I can adjust the new gixxer mirrors the same way...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
bar-end mirrors. we have quite a few posts on them. I have the same problem, and will be getting some CRG Blindsides soon, but how soon, I can not say, it is going to involve some more modification to the bike for my project - I have a few extra things planned. For you, they would just bolt on.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I used mirrors from a zx14 . It took a a little work to mount the base but they work great . I think they look OK. I was worried they would look to much like a scooter.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.