Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novice rider here, only been riding for about a week now. I've been short distances on main roads (read: anything that's not a subdivision lol) and I realized today that I have no clue what I SHOULD be able to see out of my mirrors when properly adjusted. None of the bikes in the MSF course that I took had mirrors, so I don't really know what to adjust them to. What should I be able to see? :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Novice rider here, only been riding for about a week now. I've been short distances on main roads (read: anything that's not a subdivision lol) and I realized today that I have no clue what I SHOULD be able to see out of my mirrors when properly adjusted. None of the bikes in the MSF course that I took had mirrors, so I don't really know what to adjust them to. What should I be able to see? :)
I have mine adjusted so I can almost see directly behind me. (Gives me a good idea when I need to flash my brake lights before coming to a stop.) I wouldn't worry about trying to see your blind spots because you should be turning your head and looking before switching lanes anyways. Hope this helped!:thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have mine adjusted so I can almost see directly behind me. (Gives me a good idea when I need to flash my brake lights before coming to a stop.) I wouldn't worry about trying to see your blind spots because you should be turning your head and looking before switching lanes anyways. Hope this helped!:thumb:
That was the main thing I was going for too but my elbow and arm seem to be in the way of that. I currently have the right one adjusted to where I can see everything behind me if I just pull my elbow in slightly for a second. And the left one shows almost the whole left lane behind me. I think that should be alright, a quick head check and I think I have full view of what's going on. Thanks for the responses guys.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Rufio said:
That was the main thing I was going for too but my elbow and arm seem to be in the way of that. I currently have the right one adjusted to where I can see everything behind me if I just pull my elbow in slightly for a second. And the left one shows almost the whole left lane behind me. I think that should be alright, a quick head check and I think I have full view of what's going on. Thanks for the responses guys.
And truth is there is no correct position..it all comes down to preference and riding/seating style. Just gotta find what works for you. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.