Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
22nd Feb 2012

got crash real hard at the twisty road.
what did happened? well my rims got 2 pieces when i was in the middle cornering on that curve road :s i ran about 80Kmh++

the road was kinda steep so it curve+steep road.
by time i pass it, my bike already went on the road..because the rear rims breake into 2 piece :s not because i loss grip on the road or else...

crash pretty bad and got drag about 6meter along with the bike..

but thanks god im wearin all my riding gear. the only part riding gear i didnt use was knee pad. so i've got all my knee dragged on the ashphalt :s

here some pic of it

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
CLK, I'm sorry to hear about your drop, but very glad to hear you came out of it relatively unscathed.
I can't believe that the rear rim split like that, were they expensive?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CLK, I'm sorry to hear about your drop, but very glad to hear you came out of it relatively unscathed.
I can't believe that the rear rim split like that, were they expensive?
yeah Zandit thanks! well the rim it self cost me Rp900K the bike shop sale it at Rp 1,4-1,6K. the first time this brande V-ross* out they selling at Rp2000K. :s

well not much but never cross my mind that the rims will split like that... :eek:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
That's crazy dude! A rim splitting in half like that! What is the make/model of the rim, I certainly won't be buying from them... Also, what kind of frame sliders you running, it seems the didn't hold up very well....

This thread is just begging for this:
Superbike Crash - Rider Loses Rear Wheel!!! - YouTube

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
sorry just got back online now :|

well first thing first... the rim itself wasn't the original rims for the bike... i've change it using an aftermarket rim. branded "Vros*i" that the emboss on the rims and on the packaging of the rims..

Wow with the rim, that's crazy. Glad to hear you walked away from that!
thanks bro :)

That is just freaky. Would have never thought something like that would happen. Goes to show the world holds many surprises. Good to have you safe.
yeah things that never thought of before has hapened LoL thanks :)

i am sorry to hear about your drop the problem is with rim its interesting.
thank you :)

That's crazy dude! A rim splitting in half like that! What is the make/model of the rim, I certainly won't be buying from them... Also, what kind of frame sliders you running, it seems the didn't hold up very well....

This thread is just begging for this:
Superbike Crash - Rider Loses Rear Wheel!!! - YouTube
the rims was branded "Vros*i" i would recomend to any for not buying it after what happened to me and my bike... T_T

the sliders are custom made locally in here.. yes it doesnt hold up cause i was drag from street to dirt spooph so that crashed everything on the right side of my bike.. and mostly destroy the right cowl and scratch a lil bit on the upper right side from my front cowl :( anyway I already replaced the right cowl with a new one as you can see in my lates pic... and still haven't change the front cowl for a while..

oooh i've seen that WSBK video also the pic from the rim.. that so unbelieveable... that soma world class brand rims.. but when it gets on the most powerfull bike.. the rims itself breaking up :s so for a while im gonna stick to my original rims.. despite that i cannot cornering max again. cause the tire surface is like a doughnut.. im using BT016 on the rear and BT 003 on the front :s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.