Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on september 20 something, i was riding to work and i was approaching a blind turn, it was probably a 70+ degree turn that started to go down hill to the left. i was approaching and slowing down at about 20 mph still on the breaks about to lean in and a dualie truck(four wheels in the back) come around and his front wheel was in my lane so naturally his back two wheels were way into my lane. Now because this was down hill there was a nice bank there, and literally there is no shoulder on this road its white line then dirt. Anyway I pulled up out of my lean then tried to lean again but i ran out of road, hitting the bank, and smashing the left side of the bike, and breaking my left shoulder, not just cracking but a perfect complete break. After about 4-6 cars passing without stopping and me standing there just feeling the muscles twing in my arm a lawn and garden truck comes to a stop and two guy quickly come running to see what they can do, i just said "can you flip the bike over" they found that humorous, but did so for me. And the guy that ran me off the road was already around the corner, and didn't even know he did it.

so damage done:

Me: broken Clavicle, broken spirit no riding for awhile :(
Bike: broken plastics, cracked mirror mount

What got fixed:

Me: Clavicle put together with steel plate and 5 screws
Bike welded mirror mount, replaced front fairing

effects: I'm timid to lean into a turn now, i did one after the accident and the front wheel started to slip or wiggle.

but glad to be alive!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
wow, crazy story! Speaks volumes to lane position. Glad to hear most everything is fixed though, and it wasn't any worse. Riding just kind of gets in your blood, doesn't it? Even through tough times, we just keep coming back....

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
if your front end is wiggling around on you, and the rear is planted, it generally means their is either something wrong with the front end, or your pushing it too hard. The forks can't keep up with the forces your putting on it, due to weight, input speed, etc... You can mitigate this to a large extent with cartridge emulators, springs for your weight, and some thicker oil...

valve emulators: EMULATORGV

you can find springs from them as well, and they have a spring calculator, and a listing of the stock spring rate, so you'll know how much your undersprung.

·
Registered
420 Posts
ouch... I can't stand the thought of road rash, makes my skin crawl. You'll never catch me without my gear... cuz images like this run through my head and freak me out lol. Hope you're all patched up good as new!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.