Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got run off the road by a SUV today :mad:
now heres the problem my fairings are destroyed my levers are all jacked up my turnsignal is gone and most importantly and this is my biggest problem my whole foot peg assembly cracked does anyone know how to replace this item or places to aquire any of the items on this list your help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes im ok my gear is thrashed i skidded for a good 75-100 feet and managed to skin my knees and break a few ribs thank god

·
Registered
256 Posts
oh man thats terrible. glad you are ok tho. (relatively) i would ask if you got her plates... but i kno you didnt.
did they stop?

see, im assuming it was a soccer mom, talking on her cell phone, driving a... yukon or... explorer. just a guess...

if you were inclined, you could buy racetech aero bodywork, and paint it, instead of getting stock fairings.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Mags, sorry to hear about you and the bike. The ribs suck, but at least it wasn't worse... concerning the foot assembly, exactly what are you talking about, pictures?

and I always use www.bikebandit.com, they seem across the board one of the cheapest sites out there, and it's the exact same stuff as you'd get at the dealership, you'd just have to put it on your self.... Give us pictures of everything, and we can prolly find you either stock replacements, or aftermarkets that are cooler and cheaper...

If insurance is taking care of it you don't need to worry about a thing, right?
If they total the bike, keep us posted. We could prolly figure out if it's worth buying it back and repairing it, and you don't wanna do that, I'm sure somebody on here would like the case number and insurance contact info to be able to pick up the bike and repair it.

So, if insurance doesn't cover the damage, and you keep the bike, the first step would be to take off all the broken things. Then test the rest and make sure it's good.

Make a list of broken parts, and we'll help you price out replacements.

Once you/we have a plan of action, then you start ordering and replacing parts as priority demands, and you throw them on the bike.

How does that sound?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Hell yea!! Of course it's also our responsibility as more nimble, quicker machines to make sure cagers see us.... So, knowing you're not in anybody's blind spot. Riding in a visible and speed appropriate part of the lane... And being annoying as hell with loud pipes, attitudes and massive horns. We/I will stop perpetuating the "tough biker" myth, when they start respecting us on the road.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i just realized something about that video...after the cager looked left and right, he only moved about a foot or two and the bike crashed right at his side door. so does that mean the cager stopped too far out to start with?? even if he saw the biker and wait...the bike is still gonna hit the car!!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
That sucks Mags. Glade your still alive and capable of still riding. This is where I would love a 18 wheeler air horn mounted on the front of the bike/car and just blast it every time someone cuts me off.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
CCY, I think that's a British awareness commercial, intended to be exaggerated to explain the point of being extra watchful of motorcyclists... So although you are probably right, I think the crash was done by a stunt rider, and the whole film had a fairly large production budget....

Delta: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Stebel-Nautilus-Compact-Motorcycle/dp/B000NPRTII

I will be getting one of those soon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I knew it was a commercial or a show or something from the start from looking at the quality and angle of the shots! but it's just funny...sorry it's my habit doing that whenever i watch clips... :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
We have to be very defensive driving. I got ran off the road today, but im good. Luckly I didnt turn fast at all or I would of went down. People dont pay attention.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear that once again another rider gets run off the road and the cager did not even realize. Hope those ribs heal up fast and that this incedent has not affected your confidence.

Ride on!
Gazza

1 - 20 of 28 Posts