Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was Performance Psycles .They went111 last year . That is the green bike that was in Sport Rider magazine. I will try to findout more.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better he used nitrous. To put that speed into perspective add the 10% speedo error of the stock bike that is like 133 mph on the stock speedo.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Found it!
A Mini '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - This Little Ninja Went To Maxton

Normally when you think of motorcycle land speed racing you think about turbocharged, nitrous-injected, or big-bore engines. But since that's been done to death, it was decided that a risky new angle was in order: Build an `08 Ninja 250R. The stock mini-Ninja makes a monstrous 25.6 horsepower and pumps out a stump-pulling 13 ft-lbs of torque on the dyno in stock form, and can do about 98 mph flat-out with a tailwind. Getting one into the record books was going to take a lot more power and some changes to the chassis to get it over the 108 mph land speed record that we had as our goal.

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R JE Pistons
A custom-fabricated set of JE pistons pushing a compression ration of 13.5:1 helped the little Ninja pump out 10.31 more horsepower than stock (35.92 horsepower at 12,200 rpm), an astounding 40 percent increase over stock.

Since comparatively few people race the Ninja 250, there wasn't a catalog full of go-fast parts for us to choose from; thus, we were forced to have virtually everything custom-made. First on the list was to consult Brian Weaver at JE Pistons, who worked with us to produce a custom set of forged stock-bore pistons that bumped compression to 13.5:1 (stock is 11.6:1). Next, we sent the cylinder head to APE where they focused on getting it to breathe better. Oversize (1.5mm larger) custom-machined titanium intake valves were installed, along with a full-radius Serdi valve job as well. APE also fabricated a set of adjustable cam sprockets and a billet cam chain tensioner.

Chris Hill at Performance Psycle in Knoxville, Tennessee was picked for the engine building and general bike prep. Hill has built many bikes for the AMA Dragbike series, including the 2007 National Champion in the ultra-competitive 1000cc SuperSport class, so we were confident that he would get the job done.

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Static

The first thing Chris did was to pull the stock airbox and replace it with: nothing. No pods, no screens--nothing but the Dynojet re-jetted carbs sucking as much air as possible (don't try this on your streetbike, though). Then an AREA-P/No Limits exhaust was installed that not only help produce more power but saved some weight, too. Part of going fast means reducing friction wherever possible, so Hill fitted the Ninjette's wheels with ceramic wheel bearings from WorldWide Bearings and slipped on a non-o-ring chain. With those two mods in place, pushing the bike around in the pits felt akin to pushing a 20-pound bicycle due to the low rolling resistance. Substantial gearing changes were obviously necessary, with a one-tooth larger countershaft sprocket up in the front and three-tooth smaller rear sprocket. Hill also removed everything on the bike that wasn't directly involved in making it go fast or stopping such as the mud flap, reflectors, mirrors, etc.

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Calipers

To help with rider aerodynamics, a custom "cut-down" tank was made by Liquid Visions. By lowering the top half of the fuel tank, the low profile design allows the rider to tuck completely below the windscreen and reduce aerodynamic drag. The chassis was also lowered front and rear to reduce the bike's aerodynamic frontal area as much as possible.

After final assembly, the Ninja 250R was filled up with Motul 300V synthetic engine oil and broke in on the dyno. After trying numerous cam timing combinations, the bike ended up cranking out 35.92 horsepower at 12,200 rpm and 16.79 ft-lbs of torque. The 10.31-horsepower gain amounts to a 40 percent increase over the stock powerplant.

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

In order to help tune the bike on the track, an Innovate DL-32 datalogger was also installed. As it turned out, however, data-logging was not even needed, with the bike set up so well straight off the trailer that it set a new class record of 111.30 mph on its first pass, with ECTA 200MPH club member Zack Millholland aboard at Maxton's Monster Mile course. Later in the weekend we moved the bike to another class and captured another record, but the strong headwinds ended up slowing Milholland down to 107.44 mph.

No, the little Ninja 250R will never be as fast as its bigger brothers. But this little Ninja is (currently) the fastest 4-stroke, naturally-aspirated, open-wheel bike in the 250cc class.

Darkhorse looks like you got some work cut out for you! Go get 'em!

http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_0904_2008_kawasaki_ninja_250r/index.html

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am at 110.3 He is at 111.3 I never sleep . I eat and breath lands speed racing . It is what I do , it is all I do .

. And Shiphty went 112 . SO I think he has his work cut out for him .

Thanks for the encouraging words it means a lot .thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Get it done. 195 KPH is the fastest my homie bram in Indonesia has cranked out thus far. This little bike can be pushed but man is costs a ton. I can get you a TIS for fairly cheap which replaces the CDI and that is programmable. It will let you pull all the way to 14k since 14500 it the limit for the stock stuff. It will certainly get you a few more ponies with tuning and higher octane gas.

As for the guy who talked about the 119 bike using Jet fuel. Man you know nothing. Especially since Jet A fuel is Kerosene.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turbo, No not yet . Only Because it has bin done and went 113mph . it cost a ton of money.
PLEASE send me some info on the CDI unit you are talking about . I already have a 15000 rpm rev limit . But I need to adjust my timing for my race engine.

The 119 mph is in the FUEL class. That means he can run any type of fuel he wants . Including nitrous . The other choice is GAS class . That means you have to buy the gas at the tracck.

This is what a 250 looks like with a turbo .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you go with bigger pistons you will go into the 350cc class. Running rich and hitting it with a dry shot is risky.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.