Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my B'day is coming up in a couple of months, and for once, Wifey doesn't really know what to get me. I've been rockin a cheapish pair of sunnies from Kmart($30), and the rubber lining on the arms has deteriorated and started peeling away from the arms.
Check out the ones below, these are my two favourite pics

[url]http://www.matadorequipment.com/catalog/CollectionEyewearSeville.php[/URL]

[url]http://www.matadorequipment.com/catalog/CollectionEyewearToledo.php[/URL]

I'm wondering what you guys and gals think, both of the style, and the removable gasket around the lenses. Has anyone had experience with this style before, and if so, what was your opinion. Good, bad or indifferent, I'd like to hear it.8)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha!!! Nice option!! I've been told I have $200 to spend, so that could work!! ;D

I have a couple of other options as well, but the big goal this year is to get the full Givi luggage setup so we can so some serious touring 2-up, so I may save it yet.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn!

Zandit got a raise on the allowance from wifey!;D;D;D8)

Anyways I like the "Seville's".
Funny!!!:p It's like getting a tax concession, but it only comes once a year!!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! They are really nice! I like.

You will look sporty just like this :)
Now thats what I'm talking about!!! Very cool!:p

Wifey just got a pair of Oakley 5's, and she loves them. She was going to try to get persription lenses in them(She's as blind as a bat!!) but the lenses were too thick. So when she is riding the 250R now, she uses contacts

·
Registered
664 Posts
ooooo let's talk Oakleys! I'm a big fan.

All my pairs are prescription. First pair was a Square Wire 2.0 in silver with blue iridium lenses.

[url]http://www.milosport.com/FS/ity/40424_lg.JPG[/URL]

Second pair was a Nano Wire 1.0 with black iridium lenses (frame and lenses came to a whopping $860! Thank good for private health cover).

[url]http://www.gizmodiva.com/entry_images/0507/25/oakley1.jpg[/URL]

Currently being made in the US of A is my newest pair of Nano Wire 4.0 in matte black with Black Iridium lenses (I think about $600 all up, $375 out of pocket with my health cover).

[url]http://rubensmenswear.com/pages/photographs/oakley/nanowire/4/images/large/matte_black_black_polar_12913.jpg[/URL]

I'm sorry to hijack. I ride with contacts most of the time because they are a stronger script than my Nano 1.0s. The new ones will be much more convenient for commuting then contacts.

Just on those two you're looking at there, does the thick-ish legs worry you? It may hamper your peripheral vision somewhat. I always tend towards thin metal frames for this reason. Except my Ray-Bans... Don't get me started on my favourite pair of Rays! ;D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just on those two you're looking at there, does the thick-ish legs worry you? It may hamper your peripheral vision somewhat. I always tend towards thin metal frames for this reason. Except my Ray-Bans... Don't get me started on my favourite pair of Rays! ;D
I have a pair or Oakley Half-wire 2.0's for everyday use, but the thin arms don't go into my helmet without bending the arms. When they start bending they poke stright inot the side of my head.
The cheaper sunnies I am using now have the wider arms and they side straight in very easily, thats why I am sticking to something like this.

Also I have heard some good things about the gasket around the lenses as they help to reduce fogging and wind getting around the edges and making your eyes water when I have the visor up.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Virt this is for you!!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
And Zan you don't!

I wanted the Oakley Half Jackets for EMT school (Clear) lens so I wouldn't have to wear my contact. But I'm to blind for them to put the Rx in. So I have to wear contacts.

But I really like the Half Jackets with a White frame and Blue indium lenses. If I had the money.............. which I don't!! lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
I used to wear a pair of sunglasses when I rode during the day but since I bought my Shoei helmet with an iridium visor I don't need to anymore. I can see perfectly at night and it cuts out the glare during the day. I prefer that to wearing sunglasses under the helmet, the less you have obstructing your view (however small) the better.

Having said that, I like the Toledos :)

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pfft!! It's only 105kms!! 10mins tops on his machine....... If you believe what he says!!!:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.