Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been brought up before. Under the seat of my Ninja the sticker says 91 octane min. the booklet says 87. Mines carbed I have no knocking.

The booklet says 28psi front tire, 32psi rear tire. Both my tires say 41psi cold.

I am going to go with 87 octane and 41psi......

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
87 octane is all you need. 91 RON not 91 octane are not the same. RON is the standard used in other countries. 41 psi seems a little high for normal tire pressure. What you see on the sidewall of the tire is MAX psi if the bike is fully loaded to capacity. Always check the manufacturer for technical info on your tire and proper operating pressure. If you are unable to locate that info, a psi or two more than 32 r/28 f on other than stock tires will not hurt. What kind of tires do you have?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GT501R Dunlop.website at dunlp says 42 MAX on all settings, i have em at 40. considering the 250 is going to be lighter than most bikes this tire is on.. i think it should be OK

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
GT501R Dunlop.website at dunlp says 42 MAX on all settings, i have em at 40. considering the 250 is going to be lighter than most bikes this tire is on.. i think it should be OK
If you look in the manual the GT501 is a stock tire. I would use Kawi's recommendations. If you are a light rider, you should be fine. I would do no more than 30 f/ 34 r. See the attached pdf from Dunlop.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.