Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took one spin at the dealership and was sold on the upright position (I do lots of traveling and have had a knee operation so the leg room limits on the 250 were killin me). So I sent the credit paper work in this morning, should have a new bike tonight\tomorrow morning :).

Giving me 2075 for my bike and its far from excellent condition, lots of little scratches thanks to maintanence and road debris, but it runs like a rapped ape so whoever gets it next will be able to smoke any stock ninja 250's :cool:.

Fare well ninja 250, Hello new sexyness.

I've learned a lot, I've almost bitten the road, I've almost dropped my bike and the whole time it was a learning experience. :), Thanks to being a great teacher but I have outgrown you and my knees and back are begging for some relief so.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade! Had you been eyeing the Suzuki's for some time now? Just curious why you didn't stay within the family and look to a Kawa 650R? Regardless though that Suzuki looks great, for being a stock photo. Get some pics of yours up ASAP!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Fare thee well Audi. Have you found any good 650 forums?? Best of luck. Enjoy your new ride!!
Negative, figured I'd stick around here with you guys and gals for a while :). I have no interest in joining another forum and putting up with pricks.

Well it was sexy until I gave it a touch of throttle through a turn on new tires.....

Ebay footpegs are on their way, new lights soon as I can find them (there doesn't seem to be ANY aftermarket support for this bike!). Got the paint for the fairings just have to sand and paint them :). That handlebar plug was fixed that afternoon using a torch and a hammer, foot peg was replaced with one from the passenger seat, blinker is cracked.... I was only dissapointed it happened on this bike as apposed to my 3yr old ninja.....

I went with this after a test drive, Its SUPER comfy compared to the zx6r or 636, its more upright kind of like the little ninja but MUCH more foot room as well as a wider seat for those of us with a big ass.

The Exhaust is going soon as I pay this off (2800$), possibly sooner but I'm saving to go on a trip to South Carolina. The main reason for getting out of the ninja family was opportunity for the upgrade and the deal, more convenience but I'm glad I got this instead of a ninja really. They didn't have any ex650's or whatever those were in 08 laying around so this was the next best thing.

I just wish I could find some aftermarket support for the damn thing :angry face:

·
Registered
277 Posts
...those of us with a big ass.
Pics, or it never happened. ;)

That sucks about going down on the bike so soon! I had mine for a little over 2 months when I went down with it, and just like you, I wish it had happened with the little Ninja rather than my sixxer. :(

At least you're in good spirits about the whole thing. :) I think you should do a $36 muffler mod, Suzuki style? :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Audi- when are you coming to SC and where in SC are you going?
I will be around the hilton head area (myrtle beach). Probably 'ocean lakes camp ground' you can google maps that it'll come right up.

Not sure on the date just yet but when I figure it out I'll post it up. ;)

Pics, or it never happened. ;)

That sucks about going down on the bike so soon! I had mine for a little over 2 months when I went down with it, and just like you, I wish it had happened with the little Ninja rather than my sixxer. :(

At least you're in good spirits about the whole thing. :) I think you should do a $36 muffler mod, Suzuki style? :D
I know right, I was more in shock that I was laying on my ars than in pain or upset. Just kinda like 'wtf' just happened. Well I learned that lesson New tires = drive like a gramma, wish it would have been the 250 that went down but hey no broken fairings so :). As for the muffler, its a possibility but I think I'll go aftermarket carbon fiber, I found a site that has yoshi slipons for the gsxr\katana (mounting should be the same) for about 270$ :). It depends on how hard it is to remove the baffling, if its anything like the 250 I have no interest in drilling 2348923498234923982349 hole again with a drill press.

You will never get a picture of my ass I'm a dude so that's kind of freaky.......

**edit**
Just noticed your post count, probably weren't here for the 'is audi a guy or girl' thread.... haha

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yeah but HH is 30-40mins from where I live lol

It wouldn't be too bad. I'll be in Myrtle Beach over Memorial Day weekend for my anniversary. This first year went by fast! lol

Anyway, I would be down to ride to MB, doubt the wife would. If its over the holiday I wont be able to hang out though. You understand ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah but HH is 30-40mins from where I live lol

It wouldn't be too bad. I'll be in Myrtle Beach over Memorial Day weekend for my anniversary. This first year went by fast! lol

Anyway, I would be down to ride to MB, doubt the wife would. If its over the holiday I wont be able to hang out though. You understand ;)
Course I do, well I'll get the dates\places down and get back to you as I am traveling with family.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
good god I haven't been here in forever :(.

How's everyone doing???
I have GOOD NEWS, I road my friends CBR250 and it looks like I'll be picking another one up! My 650 is a lot of fun, but I miss how nimble the ninja 250 was. :(

I'll be joining your ranks again! Though I'm thinking of strapping a turbo charger onto it or NOS for an extra kick in the pants :).

But first I must turbo charge my subaru, after that is done I'll grab another ninja 250 :D. I'll need a second job just for the insurance on my toys lol!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.