Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as anybody tried one of these ?
it's not for me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__Threaded-Lowering-Links-Ninja-250-EX250-EX-250-250R_W0QQitemZ180320519557QQadiZ2863QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item180320519557&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I'm wondering how it would effect the handling, etc.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I looked at those too.. If you could pick up a couple heims and some all-thread, you could make those for about 20 bucks... The whole jam-nut thing scares me a little; if that came loose and was allowed to work the turnbuckle out, it'd almost definitely result in some chewing of asphalt.

Unless your bike is a street and track bike, I don't see the need for that much adjustment. Just find a happy medium, and order that set of dogbones. Much much cheaper!! Or you can do what I did and make your own, even easier! :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
the dealership lowered my bike, and im really glad they did because
I have a lot better stability..

but I am having a lot of trouble with speed bumps and tyring NOT to hit the underside..
any help please??

·
Registered
267 Posts
how much did they lower your bike? did they lower the rear only, or did they lower the front as well? the only thing I can think of is to go slowly over the bump so the suspension won't sag down as much on the way down. be careful not to go too slowly though so that you can still maintain control of the bike. also, have you adjusted the preload of the rear suspension? you might try stiffening it up (should be 5 settings I believe). hope that helps some miss gawa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts