Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to try lowering my ninja and using clipon bars. I put the roaring toys lowering links on . And set them to about 1.25 of an inch down . For the front I wanted to use Woodcraft clipons.
They don't make them for the 250 ninja but they do make 37mm universal type.
I losened up the clamps and slid the fork tubes up one inch.Then I bolted the clipons to the top of the fork tube.

I was not sure how it would work . I don't have my camera but I will take some photos when I get it back.
I rode it this morning in the rain and later when it was just wet roads . It feels great. I have not bottomed out or scraped the pegs yet.
The feel is definitly all sport bike. hunched over like your first night in jail! I can get my chest and chin down on the tank. and the feedback to from the bars is great. I can't wait to race it like this. Tomarrow I will try some twisties . Not a touring bike that is for sure definitly more agressive. I had to cut 1 inch out of the kick stand and weld it back together. it wanted to tip over with the stock lenth. If I want to raise it back up I will need a hockey puck to park on. ::)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They sell it sepertly.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
and the one I saw from RT is kinda blingy in my opinion. I like just shortening the kickstand look.

Did you post any picts yet??

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No pictures yet
I like the short stand . you can not tell it from the stock one . Plus I welded and painted it at work .On the clock ;D

I rode tonight with the new bars. It was great. It was one of those rides where I saw some bikes go through an intersection and decided to chase them. It was dark and a lot of deer are running aroung so I had to look out.

It is cold out but sweat was running down my armpits I was riding so hard to catch these guys . I finally cought them and rode behind for a while.
it was a rush . When we stoped at a light .One gus says 'is that a 650 ."I said no" it is the new 250" . He made a smerk of discust. I guess he hoped it was a 650 he could not loose.
I made a turn and headed home.
I also got my Galfer Steel brake lines today . I will put them on tonight .cant wait

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mechanic ,auto and motorcycle

·
Registered
30 Posts
is it awkward just randomly following another group of riders? or rude? or is it accepted. seems to me like it would be weird

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
I always play with other bikes on the way to and from work. Makes the trip more fun. You see them coming up from behind catching up through the traffic, then you chase each other for a bit and go your own way.

Doesnt really matter if its a 250 or not, I kept up with and beat a Trumpy 675 the other day... better local knowledge and easy bike to wield through traffic.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Yep for sure, that was always the plan. I wanted to start out on this even though I have an open un-restrictred licence, then move up. After riding this for nearly 4000km I would love to keep it as a communter, very easy to ride, comfy and great flicking in and out of traffic, plus great on fuel.

So yeah, I'm looking at a GSXR 750 at the moment, but I'm not upgrading until I complete my Advanced Roadcraft course and do my first trackday.

I'm also looking at turning it into a track bike. All comes down to money, if I can afford it, I would like to keep it as a communter, get a older 600 for a track bike and the 750 for my road fun :p

When I started driving I was in a little 4cyl FWD, and I learnt alot from that, did defensive driving courses etc, and got most of my sillyness out. My last car before getting the bike was a quite powerful turbo 6cyl RWD, if I had started in that all those years ago I would be dead :D

Felix

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would not just ride up and mingle in with strangers .I follow strangers on bikes like I follow strangers in cars. I just saw them go through the intersection . When my light turned I turned left to follow. They where about a mile ahead of me. I could only see there tail lights on the streight sections . When I cought up with them I still stayed like two or three car lengths behind. Once they saw a bike behing they uped the pace. I did not get any closer but did not drop back. I consiter it OK to get closer once they start to go double the posted limit.
When we got to the light I had my own lane to pull up next to them. Otherwise I would have just sat behind like I was in a car.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry My camera is in New Zealand.
I will post photos soon.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My wife took it to Austrailia to ride a bicycle 1200 kilometers. Now she is visiting relitives.And don't say I need a more loyal wife. She is a keeper

1 - 20 of 47 Posts