Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all here is a bit about me.
I'm Jeff, my buddies call me Tofu. I've had the nickname since I was young, but I'm a bit more formal nowadays so you can call me that or just Jeff is fine. I'm 23 years young and I work 4 jobs (quitting one) so soon 3, and going to school as well with a double major and a minor. I used to be a huge car guy but recently got out of that scene and I plan on selling my 2 door (third motor in under 2 years), and I plan to get a 4 door in due time.

I purchased my 08 Ninja 250r December of 2009 with about 1500 miles on it for a great price from a private owner. Since then as of late I have just shy of 10,000 miles on it to date. It just recently got 'winterized' and I'm itching to ride it again. It has just a few goodies on it, nothing too major at least I wouldn't think so.

I reside in the Chicago area, but I plan to move in a few years or less to Arizona or somewhere where snow is nonexistent. That way I'd ride my bike most of the time year round and if needed- take the car. I'm in the process of currently figuring out how to 'video blog' so I can make mini videos while I'm on out riding my bike :).

Well that's enough babble about me. Here are some pictures I snapped a month or two ago, with a mini-mod list included below:

Woodcraft rearsets, Woodcraft clip-on, Akrapovic CF slip-on, 55w 6k hi/low (projector retrofit coming soon), custom vinyl, integrated tail, fender elim, flushmount turns, solo cowl, rear spools, EBC pads, intuitive frame sliders.
Coming up soon is a smoked double bubble wind screen, as well as some sprockets along with a 150 rear and 120 front tire. Possibly a rear hugger as well along with the Koso dash but we shall see since that isn't urgent in my list.

Thank you for taking the time to view my intro. See you around the boards.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Love the vinyl work. Also love all the newbies posting pics before I yell at them.
I know huh? Makes you feel as if they've been watching us, and know exactly what's up?! I dig that....

TOFU! Welcome. That's a great name. One day I want to meet you in person, just so when I see you coming across the parking lot, I can yell "TOFU!!!" at the top of my lungs! It's OK if you high-tail it out of there after that, and I'll know the ride is on... ;D

Anyways, great looking bike! Post up your impressions about the tire choices, I'm interested to see what you find.... And also about the projector retro-version. I'm real interested in that...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome tofu, we have a cat that comes around our house that we nick named tofu, your bike looks good , the white has set it off.

(Sorry, I posted this in your profile page, I'm new at this forum stuff, and I am trying to do it all on an iPhone while Zandit is on the laptop!!!)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
w...o...w

Welcome to the forum!
that is one hot ninja you have there! and i am a sucker for the akrapovic C/F exhausts. first one ive seen on a ninja and i love it

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
thanks all for the very warm welcome, I am very sure I'll enjoy my stay.
As far as tire choices, I am yet to decide if I should continue with sport touring tires, but it's hard to find them in the size I want.
Or-
To just get the sport tires such as Pilot Powers (regulars) or 2CTs
Dude go for 2CTs they are awesome!

recently got them for the gsxr and they rock.

and with the ninja 250 the dual compound will come even more in handy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.