Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:'( :'( :'( Sadly, around here, we have to store our bikes for Winter from about November to March. I'll be storing my Ninja in my garage on plywood to keep the tires from contacting the freezing cold cement for 5 months. I was considering storing the bike on the rear stand to keep the rear tire right off the ground, and save space by having the bike upright instead of leaning on the kickstand.

I have spools installed. I can't think of any reason why the swing arms can't sit on the stand for an extended period of time.

So...Does anyone know if its OK to keep the bike up on the rear stand for 5 months at a time? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Boar, think of it this way - if you're bike is on the kickstand, it's weight is still on the swingarm, no? When you're riding it, the weight is on the swing arm. When you're sitting at a light or stopped in traffic, the weight is on the swing arm... :p I think putting it on a "bike stand" - ie the ones that pick up the bike on the frame under the engine and relieve the front and rear suspension of their duties would do more harm than putting it on the rear stand... :p I would recommend however also getting a front stand, quite simply for the tires - the plywood is a good idea, and will do if that's all ya got, but a front stand would be the way to go...

Yet another extended answer from spooph.. :D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Lmao!!! ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts