Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like a high pitched zinging sound!! as zan put it coming from my bike

i know the 250 are known for being a high reving bike but i think mine is reving a little to high and im pretty sure it coming from my engine and not my muffler someone mentioned that thiers was making a similar sound but coming from muffler. if spooph comes to read this is that quiet whinnig noise i asked you about a while ago.....my bike is adjust to the proper idle speed...if anyone could help i would greatly appriecate it

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: like a high pitched zinging sound!! as zan put it coming from my bike

exhaust leak never thought of that......yea no small children that i can see but twill keep on checking

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

draco, I forgot what the whole thing was about. If it's not the gas-tank vent, I'm with Felix, maybe an exhaust leak. High-pitched makes me think something to do with air, it's the only thing that could cause something like this. So either gas vapor escaping, air being sucked into the engine, maybe pressure from the crank/heads leaking out of their vents, or the exhaust.

How does the sound change, and when/where does it start/stop?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

it sound like it coming from the front of the bike......can hear it coming up from where the handle bars come through.....and it happens when i get to about 4.500 rpms on the tach.....but a low speed it sounds normal but when i punch it that when the sound starts and seem to be reving high.....it doesnt seem to be miss idling tech

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

man i wish someone on here lived around new orleans i live in harahan. if someone that lives around here and reads this pm plz

·
Premium Member
118 Posts

I feel like I may have the same problem, I hear a air hissing when I accelerate after riding for awhile. Not gas tank and not fan kicking on. Is it a hiss like mine where it sounds like air is rushing in or is it a mechanic whine?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

yea that what mine sound like scooter....tried doing a video but my camera sucks guna try to at least get a idling video that shouldn't be to hard so if ya can hear it when i put it up (guna shoot for tom) TECH would appreciate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

on a lighter note i did a lil windshield mod hope u guys like it guna put up some in the daylight just finished it 15 min ago

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.