Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went riding tonight I noticed that when I am leaning right around a turn I kind of go up and down, like kind of a wobble, but when I lean left I am quite a bit more steady. Can anyone give me any idea's why this would be? I am right handed by the way.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Probably cause you feel like your going to scrape the exhaust when you turn right. Plus most right turns are short. Left turns are usually longer (NOT IN ALL CASES) but you can kind of bank into them.

Im right handed and feel more comfortable turning Left too.

·
Registered
379 Posts
On the 250 I leaned it over more on the right but with the bike I have now I'm more confident turning left. I'm not sure why. Most people I talk to are more confident turning one way than the other and the reasons all differ.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Probably cause you feel like your going to scrape the exhaust when you turn right. Plus most right turns are short. Left turns are usually longer (NOT IN ALL CASES) but you can kind of bank into them.

Im right handed and feel more comfortable turning Left too.
you wont scrape the exhaust, i had the pegs down all day every day on my little ninja :)

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Some people can have trouble because they chop at the throttle when they push on the right bar.

When you counter-steer to the right, try consciously pulling on the left as you push on the right.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think it has more to do with viewing angles. While turning right, you have a limited view of the road and any obstructions in it. When you turn left, you have all of your lane, and the oncoming lane, to see ahead into the corner. This is only amplified on tighter corners.

That's just my experience though. Could be a completely different reason for you. :)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yea Met, I've scraped the crap out of my exhaust as well at the track... That's after I got tired of scraping the pegs and took the feelers off...

Navy Ninja, there are so many factors that lead into this it's not even funny. For starters pay attention to your body position. Is it different turning one way or the other? Next, pay attention to your wrist position, and if you're straining to use any of the controls throughout the turn. Next, make a note of where your eyes go turning either way. Bottom line, it's probably NOT the bike, it's probably you. We can help with that, but we need more input.

Just to check and make sure it's NOT the bike, check your front tire - what do the chicken strips look like on either side? Is the pressure set right? How 'bout the forks? Any oil leaking out anywhere?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
i doubt its the bike. i'm pretty darn sure it's me.

no oil leaking. what are chicken strips?
Chickeon Strippos - the parts on the edges of your tires which you do not use:

This was from when I first got the bike and I made a claim, and somebody posted up that their chicken strips were smaller than mine, so I measured and posted up.... 2 years later, I usually don't have chicken strips anymore.... That's just because I like to lean though. Don't think my erasing your chicken strips that you'll be faster....
YouTube - The Fifth Element - Leeloo - "Chicken...good!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.