Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK! I went on a break from the forums I frequent to take care of school, work, and some personal problems I was having. Now that everything is getting back into place, PLUS the weather is BEAUTIFUL on the East (87 degreeF high yesterday) so there is lots of riding to be doing!

Here is my issue; a few of you may remember when I was backing out of my shared storage garage at school in the winter after installing my HMF pipe and I slipped on ice and went down with the bike; which beside hurting my pride, the bike was absolutely fine- or so I thought. Now that the bike is registered for the season and I ride it everyday, I noticed the side on which it dropped the mirror LOOKS fine, but is very loose on the pivot point where it connects to the side of the bike. The 'arm' bend closer to the actual mirror is fine, but I guess the impact was all on the mirror and shook/bent something up in there. I do not see anything obvious to tighten or a way to take it off, so I am asking for some advice of you lovely folk.

Thanks for any thoughts.

And HI EVERYONE, I will be on daily again now!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Blackout said:
And HI EVERYONE, I will be on daily again now!
Great, thats all we need!!! :p
You may have broken the bolts that attach the mirror to the fairings. The bolts are accessable under the windscreen, but from there you may have to talk with Spooph, He's had that thing pulled apart more than anyone else, so he'd be the one to talk to!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Zandit, I think X actually knows the bike better than I do, but thanks for the kudos!

Blackout, indeed, welcome back. Hope everything panned out alright. I haven't had my stock mirrors for over a year now, so my memory is lacking, big time, but if you're talking of the "elbow" joint that's closer to the fairings, I believe there's a little rubber cap that you pop off, and you have access to tighten down the joint.

If you're speaking of the bolts which bolt the mirror assembly to the fairings, you have to remove the front fairing to access those. Pics would be good to clarify, let me know!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Ok like Spooph said...
1.) There is a little rubber piece that covers a bolt to be tighten (by an Allen wrench) on the metal arm from the bike to the mirror which the pivot action can be closed against the bike... I've had to tighten this many times...
2.) if it is the plastic dome piece that allows the mirror to pivot like a ball and socket joint then your best choice is to buy a new mirror... I had to do this too on a previous bike but didn't care and gorilla glued it into place...

Hope this was helpful and welcome back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.