Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So ive been inspired by spooph's DIY on flushmount leds. I did everything he did, including getting all the 12v leds (well leds with resistors). Spooph mentioned he did not need a flasher relay. Well when i went to switch on my turn signals to test it out, only the front blinkers stay lit and all my leds dont come on. Im going to get the ep34 relay this weekend anyway, but i want to make sure its not the connectors i got. Any input would be appreciated. thanks

Here is spooph's thread for reference: http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/...ys-take-on-flush-mount-turn-signals-5683.html

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
My vote goes to relay, but once you have it, installed and its tested, we'll know for sure... Without a proper multi-tester, measuring I or R, there's no real way to know other than to keep replacing parts until it works.... Where'd you get your relay, BTW?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vote goes to relay, but once you have it, installed and its tested, we'll know for sure... Without a proper multi-tester, measuring I or R, there's no real way to know other than to keep replacing parts until it works.... Where'd you get your relay, BTW?
Tridon ep34 relay its like $12.99 at autozone, but you need to run a ground wire on the e pin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so i installed the relay and now the front turn signals are functioning properly, blinking and whatnot. But the leds still do not illuminate, let alone blink. Thoughts? I tested the leds and connectors and they light up perfectly, but once connected to the bike, nothing happens. Do you think maybe the connectors arent making a good enough contact, and the only reason they worked while i was testing it was because i was able to put the wires far into the connectors?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar situation when I fitted my intergraded tail light, my turn signals also stayed on, and never "blinked" as well.
but having the tail piece off allowed me to hear that the rely wasn't working.

the problem was this, when you fit L.E.D. lights on to the 250, you lower the wattage in the current.
so there isn't a strong enough current to activate the relay, the L.E.D has less resistance than the stock bulb.

easy fix for me was to put two in line resistors just before the light and have them share the same earth, screwed to the frame.
that allowed enough wattage to engage the stock relay...:thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a similar situation when I fitted my intergraded tail light, my turn signals also stayed on, and never "blinked" as well.
but having the tail piece off allowed me to hear that the rely wasn't working.

the problem was this, when you fit L.E.D. lights on to the 250, you lower the wattage in the current.
so there isn't a strong enough current to activate the relay, the L.E.D has less resistance than the stock bulb.

easy fix for me was to put two in line resistors just before the light and have them share the same earth, screwed to the frame.
that allowed enough wattage to engage the stock relay...:thumb:
I dont have to worry about the resistors, because i have more than enough per led, and i also have an electronic led flasher relay....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.