Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking for a leather jacket within the $600-700 mark. What is the best jacket for this price?

I am leaning towards the alpinestar tech r1 or gp rc1.

Suggestions?

What jacket do u wear and ur review?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I have an A-star 1 piece and I love it. My regular riding jacket is a Hot Leathers I got for $80 and it's survived a few crashes. You really can't go wrong with leather. You're best bet is to try them on and see which one fits you best as their tailored differently. Dianese tends to fit European body types better. Joe Rocket and such tend to fit more American body types.... Yes, I'm trying to be slightly less offensive... :p

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Follow spoohp's advice and try on lots of jackets. When I was hunting for leather I was really discouraged at first because it was really hard to find one that fit right. The A stars fit was exactly what I was looking for and I spent the whole last season in it (about 10,000 kms) Price was right too, I found it at one of the local bike shop's big sale they do on the bike show weekend every year, paid $300 plus tax (CAD)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to the bike accessories store yday and tried on the new dainese delmar jacket. Loved it. Anyone have one? Or know where i can get one from an anerican online store shipped to aus?

Its $1000AUD but would be cheaper from US due to power of our dolar. Spooph il be checking those two websites out also

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Found my jacket... Dainese New Delmar Black....

Found it on ebay from an aussie seller for $699 but got him to sell it for $649 + $25postage seems like a great bargain considering retail is AUD$899+...

Sorry I'm at work so can't post the link to the buyer (works banned ebay website) but heres a geez of the jacket....

Dainese - NEW DELMAR Pelle - Motorbike - America - Inglese

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am not quit sure that i have entitled to give an advice on the matter, but nevertheless I prefer to buy on this resource "www.fc-moto.de" .

Actually I do not know how you will approach it because it is located in Germany, but there is enough a wide choice of goods at relatively low prices

I had ordered a moto shoes and i am planning to order a leather jacket "Alpinestars GP-Pro Leather Jacket 2011"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.