Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess we have not a "gear" subforum.. Odd, I haven't noticed before...

Anyways, just discovered this stuff, you guys might be interested... It's the best leather care I've seen yet... Made and sold by an individual's local shop. Her name is Kelly, she said she'd be happy to sell and ship this stuff all over the states if you guys are interested...

Kelly Auker
Brick House Leather Co. - Home
[email protected]
303 772 9277

Tell her Spooph sent ya!

I've been using Nor-V-Gen for bout 3 years now, and it works quite well, however, it stays "sticky" for a long time, and tend to rub off easy the first 96 hours or so...

This stuff is not so. Wash the piece of leather with the soap. It takes out any contaminants, no matter if they came from your skin (sweat), or weather/road. With clean, dry leather (2 days recommended drying time), apply the conditioner. Let sit for 24 hours. Leather is ready to use, touch up as necessary.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flix, you're thinking of little boot, but yes, he is legend! And yes, the Elk Lodge is a bit sketch, and so is the half-way house across the street in the back.... But the conditioner is awesome! :p Besides, you guys can get this stuff through mail-order, so you don't have to deal with all that....

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh yea sure, sure, that was a hoot! Wouldn't miss it for the world if it happened again... Still looking into coming to AU, you know, we've corresponded... Have to save up for a ZX-2R first..

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So, I thought I'd do a follow up to this post and show how this stuff works, and what the results are....

First, empty all the pocket, draw a bath, or basin, full of water. Chuck the jacket in it. Unwrap the soap made for leather and start washing the jacket:

Just look at that dirt juice I've made. Disgusting! Almost 20K worth of dirt, grime and rain. This jacket has roughly 80K on it...

Hang it up to dry:

After 2 days, still not dry enough, have to add some motivation!

Inside too, ya know!

This is what the jacket looks like dry. Look at all that damage!

This is body-acid eating away at the leather over 4 years and some 80K.... Just look at that! Gross, eh?

Ah, now the soothing lube. Little jacket will feel right as rain after a proper massage!

Scoop the goo:

And rub it in.

This is where proper TLC is absolutely necessary. Proper skin-to-skin action. Massage the conditioner into the leather. If there's too much, spread it to the next dry region:

Look at the difference!

Beautiful!

Fits like a brand-new jacket! I think I'll be doing this at least once a year, maybe twice....

The beeswax based conditioner has a tendency to be "sticky" for up to 24hrs after. You can accelerate the "drying" process by squirting it with water and letting it dry. The stickyness goes away after 15min with water.

Now, I only have to wipe the jacket down and re-apply conditioner as often as is needed, as the jacket experiences rain, wind and cold - all which eventually will dry it out. The conditioner is an inexpensive maintenance that will make this jacket out-last me....

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This stuff is good for any leather product. It pulls in, as long as you don't put too much of it on the leather, and doesn't rub off, again, as long as you don't put too much on. I usually put too much on so that everything gets covered, and then wipe off all the excess with a towel or something super absorbent to make sure it's going to come off on my pants...

I know Armour All, Mother's and Pecard has some stuff for leather seats, but am unfamiliar with the specific products...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Jacket looks great. I'm going to order a set/kit or how ever it's sold. Can't argue w/ results like that.

Not a fan of Armour All, well, at least the stuff they use to detail car interiors. Sure it looks nice but eventually dust starts sticking to it, not to mention I find it oily for the first week or two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.