Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled up into my parking spot at work and went to put my foot down but my pants were caught!! me and the bike hit the ground. Really embarrasing but only little scratches on the handelbar. so just make sure your foot is loose before you put your foot down

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
man sucks! i almost did that the other day but setting off...my trouser leg got caught on the footpegs

·
Registered
132 Posts
as long as you and the bike didn't hurt that much. and no one saw that!! how did you pants got caught though, i should try to avoid it too...

·
Registered
87 Posts
man, thats not embarrassing.
i dropped my bike in a parking lot the first hour i had it. i was practicing figure eights for the driving test and got spooked and layed it down.

one of my good friends saw it.

oh well, stuff happens. fix it and remember it forever so you dont do it again

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
watchyour pants on the spikey-sticking-out things at the bottom of the footpegs

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
oh im sorry jester :p

yeh yeh nubs work ;)

i think its so that they rub on the floor instead of the pegs if you lean it over too far

·
Registered
124 Posts
i get scared when i lean to far, i still have control,
but when the tip of my boots scrape the highway turn.. i kinda get freaked out.

its still fun, dont get me wrong. haha

but ive also had my pants get stuck on those damn nubs..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I vote you all ride naked (except for a helmet of course) to avoid the evil traps of the "spikey sticking out things"

Edit: 2000 posts bitches :p

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
great post Rebel.

Ok guys this is pretty serious.

go to the hardware store and buy a velcro strap. Like you would use on a bicycle so you don't get caught in the chain. 2 dollars to save s 300-400 fairing.
wrap around pant leg at the ankle so it can't get caught up .

Also Always, Always, tuck in your shoe laces at the top of the boot. My Icons have a nice strap that keeps my laces in place.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
rebel said:
I pulled up into my parking spot at work and went to put my foot down but my pants were caught!! me and the bike hit the ground. Really embarrasing but only little scratches on the handelbar. so just make sure your foot is loose before you put your foot down
oh man dude! yeah talk about embarrasing but good thing you're okay. Personally I would've started screaming like the 40 year old virgin and have people help me up instead of just looking, you know, get the best out of a shitty situation. Thanks for the tip btw, sure will remember that.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
zartan said:
great post Rebel.

Ok guys this is pretty serious.

go to the hardware store and buy a velcro strap. Like you would use on a bicycle so you don't get caught in the chain. 2 dollars to save s 300-400 fairing.
wrap around pant leg at the ankle so it can't get caught up .

Also Always, Always, tuck in your shoe laces at the top of the boot. My Icons have a nice strap that keeps my laces in place.
I saw really cool ones too, my aunt bought me some a couple years back that shine green and blue really bright when any light hits it. Pretty sweet. Like $5.00 each.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
hopefully if i save some money i wont need todo that... im going to get ride of the stock ones and buy some rearsets for it :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm with Zartan here.Velcro best solution.
Here's what my wife did for me.

She sew some strips of velcro on pans.Velcro loose.

velcro tacked.No more caught up.Ok ok mama.Next time I'll wear socks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts