Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Knee armor delivered today. It's 35 degrees outside 20mph wind, was snowing this morning. Couldn't wait to try them out, so I did. Rode til I couldn't feel my fingers, like a kid on Christmas morning.

Review:

Overall I think it's top notch protection, maybe overkill. First impression is that they're a little bulky and larger than I was expecting. But I wear them under my riding pants so I think that's the best way to wear them.

Drawback is I wouldn't wear on the outside of jeans, would look kinda stupid. I'm not going to use them without pants covering them cause they'll scratch the side on your bike, trust me on this. So they're perfect for winter riding. For summer riding, I'm going to get something else that will fit under jeans.

I feel safe wearing them, like Ironman. They're padded really well and have a floating knee pad that will move with your knee when bending. They tuck in my Sidi boots so I'm protected from my toes up past my knees. I think the price was fair, $66 includes shipping from Motorcycle USA.

·
Registered
633 Posts
pshhh my protection is long socks! hahaha jk awesome man good review but i dont know if i would get that looks more like moto x then street riding i would just get some leather pants or a 1 pice suite!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree that it's overkill, but I'm going to wear them for a while. See how it goes, just one less thing I have to worry about, knee injuries.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
My coworker, who's been riding for a long time now, told me that his friend would always wear his gear under his clothes. This is aside from his jacket, gloves, boots and helmet. Anyways, he got into an accident. Ended up in the hospital. It took the nurses like half an hour or so, I don't remember what my friend told me...the point is, the doctor told him that if it wasn't for all that gear he had under his clothes he wouldn't have made it. He did get hurt. Got some scrapes and cuts and so forth but it saved his life. Moral of the story is...you can never have enough gear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This knee armor is large, it's good for cold weather riding. I'm currently wearing 3 layers - long-johns, jeans, knee armor, riding pants - long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, back armor, cycle jacket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts