Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching around for what people own/wear for leg abrasion and knee armor.

Since I got my bike I've lost 18 lbs and about 2" off my waist 8" overall. Good yes...good for buying a $120+ pair of riding jeans...no.

I think I'm going to opt for strap on leg armor and maybe an abrasion girdle or something. Anyone have any experience or tips? I've been holding back from buy jeans because my diet and exercise has been going so well. Until I hit the plateau of bmi I don't want to shell out the money for riding jeans.

Until then though I need some knee protection. So far the Joe Rocket ones look like my best bet. No need for all that shin protection with my boots.

Options I have found...

Knee Armor:

Joe Rocket Strap-On Steel Knee Pads

Icon Field Leg Armor

Alpinestars Reflex Knee Guards

Leg Abrasion:

Icon Motorcycle Shorts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That knox link is exactly what I'm looking for. Something under my jeans to protect my knees.

Any other options like that one?

I wish I had the money for Draggin Jeans...I'm gonna go run my ass off more reduce my bmi so I can start buying jeans again! [what a pain having to buy a new pair every month!]

G

·
I'm definitely going to start wearing knee armor. If you've ever seen someone's knee that's gone down, you say damn I don't want my knee to look like that. An once of prevention is worth it even if you never go down just like your helmet, it's there in the event of a crash.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
This is a great thread! informative and on topic.! Mad max Please let us know what you end up with. I am thinking of changing things around with my gear for next spring.

G

·
Knee armor delivered today. It's 35 degrees outside 20mph wind, was snowing this morning. Couldn't wait to try them out, so I did. Rode til I couldn't feel my fingers, like a kid on Christmas morning.

Review:

Overall I think it's top notch protection, maybe overkill. First impression is that they're a little bulky and larger than I was expecting. But I wear them under my riding pants so I think that's the best way to wear them.

Drawback is I wouldn't wear on the outside of jeans, would look kinda stupid. I'm not going to use them without pants covering them cause they'll scratch the side on your bike, trust me on this. So they're perfect for winter riding. For summer riding, I'm going to get something else that will fit under jeans.

I feel safe wearing them, like Ironman. They're padded really well and have a floating knee pad that will move with your knee when bending. They tuck in my Sidi boots so I'm protected from my toes up past my knees. I think the price was fair, $66 includes shipping from Motorcycle USA.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have the Icon Field Armor knee/shin guards. they're very comfortable, and low profile - fit under pants no problem. i'm a cyclist too and i've bit it doing 20 mph - i can't imagine the damage the damage that could come from wrecking at higher speeds unprotected.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
To add another layer of protection, I got a pair Titan Sport Knee/Shin Armor by Fox. They fit well. Comfortable while riding. A must have if you have to get on your knees for anything. Not real expensive, about $17.00. I wear them under my riding jeans and on top of lycra so they don't scratch.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts