Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was curious o see how accurate KBB is to pricing motorcycles? I am planning to buy my first bike and they are between a

1: 03 Ninja 636 5630 miles

And

2: 06 Ninja 650r "low miles" doesn't know exactly

The first guy has his price at 3500 which includes helmet, jacket, and gloves.

The second guy has his price at 4000 who also is giving out a helmet, jacket and gloves.

When I search up KBB it says that they are both about 3k even. Which price is more accurate just the bike alone without gear? Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Never let second hand motorcycle gear be a consideration in purchasing a bike.
You want motorcycle gear that fits you personally correctly, or you are risking being more harmed in the case of an incident.
On the bikes alone, if 3k is the price they're worth, Offer 2,500, Don't pay more than 3.

ALSO: CONDITION, CONDITION, CONDITION.
When were the bikes last serviced? What condition are they in? Do they require new tires?(400-800$$) Brake pads? Etc etc. You could spend more than they're worth and still need to spend $1000's before they're safe on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not in my consideration to buy a bike because of gear. I just thought I should add that because maybe that's why the seller made it that price. As for gear, I ordered my gear on motorcycle superstore but I made sure I tried on fear at my local dealership to know what size I was.

So KBB pricing is the true pricing of them? Thanks for the extra questions I should ask for tomorrow and for replying!! Really appreciate it

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
While we do not have the KBB in Oz, I have always found these type of references to be a guide only. These only take into consideration average amount of milage and depreciation figures that some one has pulled out of their ass.
Individual bikes can have different options/accessories that can alter the value of the bike. They can also be in better/worse condition than what is deemed to be good for that year and milage.
At the end of the day, if you are happy with the price you paid then everyone is a winner.
Good luck with your decision, and as always, when you get the new ride, then post up some pics as soon as you can!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
BTW, I didn't notice earlier, but you are looking at two VERY different bikes. One is a Supersports 600+cc inline 4 clyinder compared to a parallel twin with only half the power, but more user friendly and do anything all-rounder.
Make your decision wisely!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wrote a thread on this site about buying new vs used bikes and things to think about. If this your first bike or you are new to riding you may want to look through it really fast. You might get something out of it. If not sorry for wasting your time lol.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
The 650R was introduced in 06, but it did not replace the 636, that was replaced with the ZX6R

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Actually the 500R just ceased to exist. As mentioned, the 650R was introduced in 06, and then had a facelift in 2009, then again in 2012 with a completely new frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I met up with the guy with ninja 636 and he tried to sell it to me without a title. The guy didn't seem shady but he said the title was technically still under his friends name because they didn't transfer to save fees. But he said he will try to find title.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea unless the title is under the persons name that is selling it I tend to be cautious, it may mean they picked it up really cheap and are trying to turn it for a quick $ which means they don't give a rats ass about the condition of the vehicle. Also, if possible you really want to stick with an original owner or 2nd owner at least, when it comes to bikes. A mechanical malfunction can have serious consequences as I'm sure you know.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
SolePlayground said:
I met up with the guy with ninja 636 and he tried to sell it to me without a title. The guy didn't seem shady but he said the title was technically still under his friends name because they didn't transfer to save fees. But he said he will try to find title.
What happened with this interaction?

:Sent via the NewNinja App:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.