Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be great if someone could find some specs for this carb, or if someone has had any experience with it. I have been looking at this for a while and was wondering if it would be worth the money. Anyone want to volunteer to be the first? ;D I'll support you 100% LOL! Here is the article:

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R's a fine little bike-- and one of our 10 Great First Motorcycles-- but some speed-hungry, more experienced riders wish it had more power.

What to do if you're looking to add a little oomph to your Ninjette? Keihin's new Special CR carburetor is a racing-spec unit with what they call a "smoothbore venturi for high air flow and precise fuel meeting," and the added airflow means you'll squeeze more horsepower and torque out of the 249cc parallel twin.

The twin carb kit is compatible with 2008 and 2009 Ninja 250Rs, and works with stock throttle cables but can be paired with a modified airbox or tuned velocity stacks. Retailing at $455, the Keihin carb kit is available at sudco.com-- but note that the unit is intended for race use, and will most certainly trim the Kawi's rated 61 miles per gallon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I will have these in my grubby mitts soon. I just have to wait a week or two .

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
joeRWMN said:
I have these. They we're put on in December, 2008. They weren't really tested until some time in March 09. It doesn't say if these are 30s or 31s. I have CR31s. Finding the right main jet for mine wasn't very hard. Also, they weren't called racing carbs to the best of my knowledge. The bad part IIRC: On the stock 30s there is a little bar or bracket along the bottom of them. It looks like it holds them together as one. The new ones didn't have that and the stock piece didn't fit. Again, I didn't do the labor. It was too easy to foul up so I had the shop do it.
Was it worth the money? Is there a huge difference in power?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Joe one major thing I personally look at is the cost in doing mods to our bikes. After all I bought mine because it's affordable and well pays for itself in fuel savings. I don't want to put a ton of money in it unless I know that it is well worth it. Of course on any larger bike with FI the mods cost alot more. I had a 600 Katana and I sometime wish I had that power. Believe me not enough to just go get another right now. Maybe after my truck is paid for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts