Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now offering a green with black and white.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The green one is just like the paint scheme I want. I currently have the green but I do not want to paint over the first year green so hopefully some one will come out with a graphic kit.
I could sell mine but it is all dialed in now and don't want to really start over.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I like that but i dont....I'd just have to get used to it. Now I'm totally going green. Thank you zartan!!!! You're awesomesauce!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Wow sweet!!!!

Anybody notice the msrp $3,499 - $4,099. So the price stayed the same. YEAH!!!
It looks like the green one will be the most expensive. I'm not to crazy about the blue this year it make it look cheap. But I'm digin the green paint scheme. Here is how I rank the colors for 09:
1. Metallic Diablo Black
2. Special Edition Lime Green/ Mettallic Diablo Black
3. Sunbeam Red
4. Candy Thunder Blue

So the reported rumors are NOT true. Kawi was smart not to raise the price. I'm not sure if the special edition color is really worth an extra $600.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Delta107 said:
Wow sweet!!!!

Anybody notice the msrp $3,499 - $4,099. So the price stayed the same. YEAH!!!
It looks like the green one will be the most expensive. I'm not to crazy about the blue this year it make it look cheap. But I'm digin the green paint scheme. Here is how I rank the colors for 09:
1. Metallic Diablo Black
2. Special Edition Lime Green/ Mettallic Diablo Black
3. Sunbeam Red
4. Candy Thunder Blue

So the reported rumors are NOT true. Kawi was smart not to raise the price. I'm not sure if the special edition color is really worth an extra $600.
haha wow i was just about to rant on where u got that info from and then i noticed it on their website. but the fact is that they did, in fact, raise the price $500. i think they just put $3,499 - $4,099 to include the 08's msrp so it appears that u can buy one for that cause if u click on past year product it goes back to 07! if u go to the left side of the website and and expand motorcycles, then sport, and highlight 250r, is shows $3,999. so the new color is an extra $100.

also somebody else started a thread on the color (i didn't look at which posted first) but i thought i would just bring it to people's attention since this seems to have taken over even though technically this thread is about the 09 instead of the new color.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Damit!!!
Your right ninja500rlover. I wonder why they did that? It's probably a marketing scheme. I got all excited that the msrp was the same as last year.

Well the colors is about the new 09. So I'm so confused. Do you want me to edit my post and take it to the "New Color" thread?

·
Registered
229 Posts
haha no i just thought i'd bring the fact that there is basically 2+ (i think i saw a 3rd) threads about the new color/09 ninja to poeple's attention. i know it does suck about the price increase but i care significantly less now that i have my 500r :p still though they basically just stabbed people who wanted one right in the heart. jerkoffs (yeah i know supply and demand and all that jazz)

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I've checked a couple of dealerships websites here in Colorado and they all say that the 09 msrp is $3,499. So I'm starting to believe that the price increase is just for the special addition model. Or kawi screwed up big time. If it is a typo this may bite them in the A$$ because people are tired of all the rumors. If it is a typo, I might just get a full suspension mountain bike and wait till I'm 21 to get a motorcycle.

ALL I WANT IS TWO WHEELS AND TO HAVE FUN!!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dealers never put the sale price on their websites, so I think you oughta start lookin at mountain bikes haha

·
Registered
229 Posts
maybe they just don't know about the price increase? i highly doubt that kawi would charge another $600 for a color, so either there is something done to it other than cosmetic or the 09's r $4000

G

·
iv seen a few bikes where they have a special edition color and the bike is more expensive like the r1 in the yellow and black racing color is like 500 bucks more....

·
Registered
622 Posts
You gotta factor in the set-up fee, and freight charges, plus whatever you pay for registration and tags, titling I'm guessing new ones are going to start at AT LEAST $4500 otd.

·
Registered
646 Posts
the 09 zx6r is hideous, i seriously am shattered.
the front looks better but everything else... fucking hell.. exhaust is SO UGLY and not undertail anymore??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts