Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
http://www.kawasaki.ca/fuel

I think this offer is only available in Canada, but I wanted to share the information with all in case you face a similar situation. In a nutshell, the above web page details a promotion offering a great discount on gas (20 cents per liter) on between 1500 and 7000 liters depending on the model of 2009 Kawasaki you buy. Sounds GREAT. The smaller print will tell you the deal is for "select models only" and yeah guess what, the Ninja 250R is not on the list. Fact is, of the 19 street purpose bikes Kawasaki produces for 2009, the ONLY bike not eligable for the fuel saving promotion is the Ninja 250R! How's that for "selected models"? Almost every off road vehicle and jet ski get a fuel discount too.

So over the last three months I wrote a few letters complaining about this insulting slight, seeking an explanation, and any offers to correct the discrepency. A couple of my letters were flat out ignored and TODAY I finally spoke to the Consumer and Dealer Relations Coordinator. He told me that "there is no promotion for the 250 because it is an entry level bike" How's that for a slap??? Canadian Kawasaki believes nearly every customer purchasing a 2009 product is entitled to a fuel savings reward, just not the entry level 250 owners. Great way to build brand loyalty, eh.

He also made me an "offer" that if I was so dissatisfied they would be willing to take my bike back and refund my purchase price, less a deductable (in an unidentified amount), for milage - and he didn't know if he could return the freight, delivery and set up fees I paid the dealer ($600). Nice problem solving solution: give us the bike back, take a loss of several hundred dollars for the 500kms or so you have put on the bike, and that should satisfy you. RIGHT.

Tell me what you think?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure we all know exactly why the 250 is excluded. It is Kawasaki's number one selling bike. It sells it self. People have been waiting on lists to buy the bike. I think just about every pays full MSRP on it, I know lots of places have it marked up above the MSRP. SO why offer a deal, there is no need for an incentive in Kawasaki's opinion.

In my opinion they are alienating a huge number of new customers. By the way - long story short -my complaint never was resolved. Complaints actually, there were more issues than just the exclusion from the promotion. Canadian Kawasaki flat out refused to do a damn thing for me.

I love my bike, but my brand loyalty is washed away and I'll likely never own another Kawasaki after this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.