Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kaengkachan curcuit lays 150km to the southwest of the capitol Bangkok in Petchburi province.It was opened to the public only last month.The track is 3 kms long and lays between two small hills.The track itself is an airport grade asphalt with good grip.The pit is more or less in the valley so that there is a good view to all over the track which runs up and down alone the slopes.The intention for building this track is not raceing but for training.And it served the propose well.With all kinds of curves and lots of trapes.
Yeah I was there last weekend with 40 other mates.The 1st half of the group went there the evening before and overnight in tents next to the track.The other half,including me,joint them next morning.We left BKK 4 o'clock in the morning.

Over view of the track.

again.Over view taken from front of pit.

Pit area

Me and my Ninja in a very deep right hander......

......follow by this left curve.Scraped the foot rest along the curve and the boots lost its rubber aswell.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Comming down this slope,the little engine screemed at near end of red line in 6th and speed 180-190km/hr.The rev limiter sputter the engine all the way down.Wow what a feeling.

End of slope,break hard and enter a dubble S-turn.Veeeeryyyyy difficult.

Other good drivers.

We drove all day.Burned two tanks of fuel.Some more cracy three.Some left early after noon.The once who stayed to near sunset made group pic.

What an exiting day.Lots of adrenaline rush.The long night drive home was more leisure.

Ok folks that's it.Hope you enjoyed it.I did.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the 1st time I really put the big BT090 tire into real action.The 1st 2hrs was for familiarizing with the new track.With each round the lean angle gets deeper and deeper till the pegs hit the ground.That day I ended up with more then 200 laps.Lost nearly 2kg of body weight.My arms still ache.ouch!
Yes Felix,it's a private track.The owner is an X car racer.He built it just for fun.A life time membership is 20'000฿ but for bypassers he charge just 1000฿ a day.But on that day he opened the track just for us.Means,free of charge for 40+ people and bikes.
Other bikes?Not much.Lots of Ninja 250,a couple of ER6N(Ninja 650),a ZX6,a ZX9 two CBR 600 and a bunch of CBR150.Speaking of 150cc bike.It's very hard to beat them on this kind of twisty track.They break deeper,get into and out of turns very quick.The only drawback for them is on the streight.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sweet. I wish we had things like that here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like great fun Eric.... Nice to see a whole bunch of bikers enjoying themselves safely in the confinement of a race track.... Thanks for sharing Eric....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts