Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey What's up Guys,
I recently bought a Dynojet Stage 2 Jet Kit and Jardine Full Carbon Fiber exhaust and I am planning on installing them in the spring. My problem is that I also need to by an air filter to go my new system and I come down to deciding between the K&N drop in air filter or the K&N air filter Pods. The Pods are cheaper but i'm worried they will lean out my carbs too much. Should just go with the drop in filter or should I get the pods?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
dude, you got a full system and the jet kit. I don't think you should be worriying about leaning the carbs out too much. THese are performance mods, and you'll need to re-jet anyway. Might as well go all the way with the pods, and get max air-flow and jet according to get max power, eh?

You're deciding factor should be riding conditions. If there's a lot of rain/wet in your bike's future, I would go with the drop-in air filter, and not the pods...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Spooph
I do live in Warm and Humid Wisconsin compared to a Hot and Dry Colorado. Will the pods be a problem as long as I don't ride in the rain? Which by the way i absolutely despise riding in the rain and don't even get me started on the subject of riding in the snow

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I think the pods are for you friend! I ride in the rain/snow/wind, so I like my filter to be as protected as possible, hence why I swiss-cheezed my airbox instead of getting the pods...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.