Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing the web bored... and I ran across this K&N airfilter thats made like the stock filter instead of the twin filter Ive seen before go check it out the part# is KA-2508 Im really thinking about getting this one cause I think it would be alot easier then the other one. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
It should help the bike breath better and the sound on the air intake should be cool.... Just wondering if it would lean out the engine further if the bike's carbs are not shimmed or jetted.. Eric, how much does it cost? I am thinking of buying one and installing it after I have jetted my carbs... Cheers

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I have 13,000 miles on my air filter, and I still wash and lube it every 1,500 miles, when I do my oil changes. All the long time mechanics and racers I speak with say to just use dino juice and change it often. If you don't want to change it as often, use synthetic, but for some reason, in my mind, knowing how I ride this thing, I'd rather change the dino juice every 1,500 and get the opportunity to peak at it, and check the magnetic oil plug for shavings, etc.

·
Registered
331 Posts
limegreenlighting said:
So I cant use the airfilter without the cleaning kit?
Travisty is right.Clean and reoil it and it'll be like new.But to clean and reoil it you need the K&N cleaning kit.A kit will last many cleanings.K&N will get dirty and cloggedup like all airfilters do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i changed to the k&n drop-in filter. at idle it sounds the same, but going through the rev range, the note is different. not louder... but it does sound better. also, it runs smoother. i am happy with it.

previous to that, i had put in two washers per side and pulled the snorkel.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.