Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals, my name's Chris and I just wanted to check in. I've been riding for a couple of years now, and finally got the wifey interested enough in riding to where she wanted a bike. So she got a '10 250 for her birthday. You guys seem like a cool bunch and I can't wait to learn/share some info about the 250r.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, it's her first bike and I want her to get to know her bike like I have come to know mine. I looked around on the forum, and after seeing this site I told her to sign up because you guys seemed to know what's up without all the flaming that I've seen on other forums.
As far as the Yammi's:

'09

The orange bike in the background was my 1st bike, a '99 R6
The Two Brothers slip on is now on the '07, and the '09 has a KR Tuned slip on

'07
How I got it:

How it sits now:

Group shots coming as soon as the wifey gets a better handle on riding

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
virtualmatrix258 said:
Yeah no flaming or else we lose our stock options :p

I'd have to say that White and red R6 is very unique! Do you stunt the Red or is it just missing the front fairing?
:D

Nah, the '07 I traded a guy for my '99. The '99 was in running order, actually in '09 I put about $3k into it because I thought I was gonna keep it. The guy couldn't sell the '07 (red) because it was crashed so I asked him if we could swap bikes. He agreed so I took the '07 and rebuilt it and he got the '99. I think I came out ahead, however took me about $5k to make it look like it does

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Onslaught said:
That's why it is considered as totaled.
Yup, but now I got a practically new bike out of it since it only has about 3800 miles on it. For now my buddy is riding it until he gets a bike, and once he does I'll just turn it into a track bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
virtualmatrix258 said:
Interesting! Glad to see you came out ahead.
Definitely didn't come out ahead. I paid $3200 for my '99 in '08 and put a few grand into that. Then I traded it for the '07 in '09 and put another $5k into that. So in other words, I got an '07 R6 that cost me $11k with 3800 miles. :)
On the other hand, it's customized to the way I want it so I'm happy. The way I see it, I only live once so might as well enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.