Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brother an I hes got a CBR 600 92
i riding my 250r 09

went to bk to try and win a milion on those scratch offs. it failed.

anywho pulling out some guy yelled something and kept taking off really fast at the lights so we raced him,

i was in the lead at the light but got a shitty launch, *started to roll and didn't release the clutch all the way soon enough*

shifted late so i missed the best torque range and lost speed due to falling engine power.

my brother having a 600 sped by like i was in reverse, i beat the car till about 40 cause of late shifting, then passed him at about 70

tips and hints how to launch from a dead stop?

im going to shift based on feel and less thinking so its muscle memory and i just DO IT to it

tips would be appreciated

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
AUDACIA said:
lol yah road was abandoned so

stupidity can't be fixed nor patched, thanks for the pointing out of the obvious though..
She means well, we just dont wanna have any other members get hurt lol. Just be careful bro, let the squids take the road rash and we'll enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
virtualmatrix258 said:
She means well, we just dont wanna have any other members get hurt lol. Just be careful bro, let the squids take the road rash and we'll enjoy the ride.
squids?

im more worried about my brother and his 600.. 250 is easy to control and throw around, his 600 wants to keep giong faster and faster and not stop... its crazy

i would still like to learn how to take off good

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Apart from RacerX's machine, the Ninja isn't made for dragging. Be careful, don't want to read about you in the obit's

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
wind her up to 6 or 7k dump the clutch and hang on tight when the front wheel comes up give her more throttle and itll set her back down and then shift throught the gears... haha

i used to do that many many times, real fun.

but really launch at about 3 to 4k and it should keep the front down and come right outta the hole, once you get to where you want to shift dont release the throttle and pull the clutch slam the next gear and dump the clutch. i shifted my ninja like this everytime i raced and i ate my buddys 02 vette with my 250! and his vette isnt stock.

obviously once we hit higher speeds he would have left me for dead, but still. was fun.

now with the Z... HA try to catch me, all you see is my ass getting smaller and smaller and smaller!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
SQUID: Stupidly quick, under dressed, inexperienced driver

Unless your bro's taken a really bad spill he wont learn, or gets scared out of his mind when he nearly hits a moving object @ 170mph lol. Lets just hope that doesnt happen. Just stay safe and smart and you'll do fine, no teaching your bro until something breaks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crushedcamber said:
wind her up to 6 or 7k dump the clutch and hang on tight when the front wheel comes up give her more throttle and itll set her back down and then shift throught the gears... haha

i used to do that many many times, real fun.

but really launch at about 3 to 4k and it should keep the front down and come right outta the hole, once you get to where you want to shift dont release the throttle and pull the clutch slam the next gear and dump the clutch. i shifted my ninja like this everytime i raced and i ate my buddys 02 vette with my 250! and his vette isnt stock.

obviously once we hit higher speeds he would have left me for dead, but still. was fun.

now with the Z... HA try to catch me, all you see is my ass getting smaller and smaller and smaller!
haha i love your posts! always get a kick out of them

so 3-4 dump and full throttle after that? i assume isn't something i want to practice if i don't have a clutch rebuild kit.

hmm well next time im at a light and some punk in a car thinks hes cool ill slap him.

yeah i hear you about the death thing.. i want to get more experience before i get a 600.. 500 was my first thought then i was like wait that means death.

yah my bro pulls away from me just for fun =( but ill do it to him in a few years when i grab my 636 =D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
see!!!! red does go faster!!!!

Hey Delta, was that you in the first vid??!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
crushedcamber said:
Look at the first video and see how enthused people are to see a 250 drag race...

THERE IS NOBODY IN THE STANDS!!! :D

yeah i know,,

so at 3-4k dump, it wont stall out? lol, i know if i engage the clutch to soon under 5 it seems to die down..

hmm so would i be right in assuming full throttle after it engages?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zartan said:
DORK!

sorry I just could not control myself
ive been known to be overun by stupidity in clearyfying things

omg.. dig this want stupid, went to the dealership today and they had muffler packing there for 10$... instead i paid 18 online cause i called them and they said they didn't have any.. WTF ohwell

anywho, guess that all answres my question.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
zartan said:
Dork part was for street racing !!! :)
oh haha.. ive done it in my car *olds achieva v6 3.1L 97
150blazing hp lol.. i win almost everything, only ever lost 2 one against a vett >< and another against a lancer haha but a car was infront of him at next light so i won !

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.