Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the Yoshimura TRC slip-on on my lunch break from a local dealer. They had them on sale, couldnt help myself. They list for $429.99, I got it for $375. Cant wait to install it.

Also ordered the Dynojet kit so it will run right. Have no idea how to install that however, so Im having the dealer do that for me after I install the pipe so they can get it running with the correct air/fuel mixture.

I have an HJC helmet, but I HATE IT. When I tried on the ICON, it felt so much more confortable and looks way better. Had to get it. Lists for $170, got it for $153. Of course I bought a tinted visor for it too, another $20.

Before I knew it, I had spent close to $700. OOOOPS. Gonna tell the misses it was just a little less!

Heres pics of what I got, Ill post new ones after this weekend when it gets put on. For those of you with this pipe already, how do you like it???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
good luck on that.. hey get her some roses.. she will be like whats this for? u answer .. just to show you that I love you.. lmao..

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the Yosh carbon fiber and I think it's great. I did have a flat spot at 5 grand but once it was rejetted that went away. You should enjoy the sound. ;D Not the loudest one I'm sure . Loud enough to offend those sittin' outside Starbucks when ya fire it up and wrap it ( yuk yuk ) but not painful enough to get the attention of local law enforcement :D Gotta see a pic when you finish getting it installed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey nice purchase man !! Could you please tell me the exact kind of dynojet kit you ordered because I also have that pipe coming and had no idea if I even should rejet. Maybe you could also provide me a link as to where to buy this dynojet kit, thanks very much.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks again, I'm assuming my carbon fiber choice makes no difference to the dynojet kit...lol. This kit is for all yoshi slip ons right?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Installed the pipe this weekend. Sounds great, so much better then the stock one, and alot lighter too. Install was simple as you would imagine. Only thing that was not "bolt-on" was when you needed to drill a hole in the stock header pipe to install a rivet that keeps the slip-on from rotating side to side after you install the clamp. The send an optional volume reducing insert for it, which I did not put in, so it is pretty loud all the time which I am happy with. The dynojet kit I ordered wont be in til tomorrow, so after I get that installed I will get a video up. But here are some pics for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ha, the best way to clean your wheels is to have your girlfriend, a small child, or someone else with tiny hands get in there and scrub.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went with what my parts guy said when it came to which kit to use. I have some mechanical knowledge, but Im not going to install the dynojet kit myself. I want it running the best it can, so Im leaving that part up to the pro's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts