Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered this fender eliminator. Was on kawiforums on a thread about a true no cut fender eliminator. Found this one. Comes with two different ones, one that you can use your stock signals and licence lite or one that you don't. I'm going to start with the one with the factory turn signals and light till I end up getting an integrated tail light then switch to the other one. Ill let ya know how install goes and how it fits. Im picky. Anyone have experience with this. It was about 104 Canadian with the slower shipping. Includes tracking number.

Projekt D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just ordered this fender eliminator. Was on kawiforums on a thread about a true no cut fender eliminator. Found this one. Comes with two different ones, one that you can use your stock signals and licence lite or one that you don't. I'm going to start with the one with the factory turn signals and light till I end up getting an integrated tail light then switch to the other one. Ill let ya know how install goes and how it fits. Im picky. Anyone have experience with this. It was about 104 Canadian with the slower shipping. Includes tracking number.

Projekt D
Can you please let us know when you get the instructions if in fact it really is a no cut kit. I want one for my bike but I don't want to cut anything :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arrived today!

Very fast shipping, it arrived today in the mail. Overall fit I give it a 8/10 due to fitment around the taillight. Absolutely no cutting at all. I used the maximus kit which uses your stock turn signals and License light.

Before. Kind of a shitty shot but you all know what it looks like

Remove Rear seat/cowl

Remove Seat

Remove Rear fender cowling. Plastic washers go underneath and at rear, Black washer/spacers go middle front underneath the rear seat.

Dont forget these

Disconnect Turn signal connectors ( Black is left grey is right) And Brake and license light connectors.

Remove 4 Fender Bolts

Undo Taillight then remove fender.

Since I used the maximus kit I had to transfer over the turn signals and tail light and license light. Pop this bitch apart. be careful not to break the tab.

Transfer over your gromets, then install pieces using original hardware. Be sure to use the little metal spacers that are in there. Do the licence light before the turn signals, and don't put the screws in for the turn signals yet just let them hang. (I had them done up and had to undo them later)

Install the taillight using the original bolts (with the wire holder metal tabs) and metal bracket with the two nuts attatched. Make sure the metal spacers make it through both the pieces (license plate holder and lower tail light housing. You have to wiggle to get them lined up.

Route all the wires and hold the fender up into place, using the new hardware from the bottom insert the 4 alan bolts with washers on them up and through and put washers then nut, tighten them loosely.

Line everything up making sure that your tabs on the new fender part go into the top of the taillight housing where we preyed it apart earlier. Tighten everything up install fenders and seat.

I had to do some bending to get it to fit around the taillight and into the taillight housing. Still kinda shitty looking but I don't have my die grinder at home its at work so I cant grind them down today. I might leave it I donno.

And BAM! installed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice write-up. That fender eliminator must be pretty good, it even makes your exhaust look better! ;)

Also love the 'yeah, I know I'm awesome' look on your dog's face.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was hoping this would be a perfect fitting install but then you showed me that gap and it made me sad :(

Were you able to fix it and make it look pretty again? I still want this kit but I want it to look perfect or it's always going to be bugging me

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was able to shim the bottom of the tail light to get it to fit flush at the top. You can see in the first picture there is still a little bit of fitment issue where the metal meets plastic, but I haven't taken the time to figure it out because im not too worried about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know I'm a bit late, but I have a question for ya. I've got this FE as well. With the seat off, right behind the tail light, I have a gap that I can see the ground through. It's tiny, but it's there. Do you have a gap as well? I'm curious if it's the combo of the FE and the bikemonkey tail light, or if it's the FE itself. I'm concerned that debris may get in through that gap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know I'm a bit late, but I have a question for ya. I've got this FE as well. With the seat off, right behind the tail light, I have a gap that I can see the ground through. It's tiny, but it's there. Do you have a gap as well? I'm curious if it's the combo of the FE and the bikemonkey tail light, or if it's the FE itself. I'm concerned that debris may get in through that gap.
With the rear seat off looking down just before the tail light I can see through .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for this how to post. I ordered my Projekt D fender eliminator kit yesterday and they e-mailed me the instructions and without this post I would have been going WTF?!!! The instruction don't even mention the license plate light. These are the worst instructions that I have ever seen.

BTW, those two metal tabs that stick up through the two slots on the side of the black plastic part that is on top of the taillight. do you bend them down to hold that plastic part on or do you just let them stick up straight towards the sky. I can't tell by looking at the pics. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.