Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yes, the Dremel 4000 brand new out of case, just picked it up from Lowes about 45 minutes ago. Decided it is just spoken of so much, plus can come in handy when I am feeling creative for my bike and/or need to destroy it due to aliens controlling my brains, etc.

Anybody have some good tips on how to go about getting off stripped screws, or anything in particular for the bike I can do with this machine? I have a 34 piece set of thingamabobbers that came with it, so let me know whats fun :)

Oh god.. I am having way too much fun already.. maybe I should return it before I look like frankensteine on a bad day ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Delta107 said:
You listened!!!!!!!! hahahahaahaha

Congrats on the new toy!

Seriously.. don't want to sound like too much of a geek.. but I totally thought of you and our convo as I was standing there with my credit card, lol. ..Hey.. wait a minute.. you're the alien that has been controlling my brains lately, havn't you!? f**k, I should have known it. Isn't that the damdest thing.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Blackout said:
Seriously.. don't want to sound like too much of a geek.. but I totally thought of you and our convo as I was standing there with my credit card, lol. ..Hey.. wait a minute.. you're the alien that has been controlling my brains lately, havn't you!? f**k, I should have known it. Isn't that the damdest thing.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Be careful those thing are dangerous . all gear all the time.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Racer X said:
Be careful those thing are dangerous . all gear all the time.
No doubt bro! I couldn't find my lab goggles to use so I actually was wearing my motorcycle helmet with shield down while I was working with the different bits for the first time.. plus some pretty good cement reinforced gloves :)

Does anyone else have one of these puppies?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Blackout said:
No doubt bro! I couldn't find my lab goggles to use so I actually was wearing my motorcycle helmet with shield down while I was working with the different bits for the first time.. plus some pretty good cement reinforced gloves :)

Does anyone else have one of these puppies?
And no picture? WTF dude! :p

Some suggestions. The cutting wheel is your friend! You can use it to slot stripped screws and back them out with a flat head screw driver. If that doesn't work, you can use it as a drill, with a drill bit, and drill a tiny hole int he screw and use a small tap to tap into the screw, and back it out.

You can use on all kinds of aluminum to carve cool farkles for your bike. Mind you, don't try and cut the handlebar tubes out of the aluminum mounting pieces (the stockers), cause those puppies just won't come out. I fragged my dremel doing just that, and now I have to pay for a new armature (the second for this dremel), take the whole thing apart, and make it work again!

You can grab a polishing wheel for it and polish all kinds of things, small things however.

You can use to engrave things into odd places of the bike (stay away from the brake rotors though) :p Now I'm just being silly!

Ok, posting on caffeine is a bad thing... Let's see...

You could strap it to your bike with an inverter to run an electric turbo, but I think there are better ways to do that.

Um, um, um, I'm sure you can think of more productive things to do with it, but I think they're involve the cutting wheel mostly.... Mine usually do. :p

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
SO LUCKY!!!

I've wanted the 4k series so bad, I think my gf is going to finally let me have one :p she's been afraid i'll be "modifying" everything lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts