Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
( JUST BOUGHT A DUCATI) It's time to move on

I'm selling my Ninja, unfortunately. I was trying to get out of my payments to get ready for my next term of school, and I got home today and my g/f said she wants to break up.......So now with more rent to pay the bike is def. gone. IT SUCKS!!!!!! Anyways, I may get a used beat up bike to cruise on , any suggestions? Also I had to knock my price down to 3,000/ is that bad with 2500miles on it?

UPDATE: yeah so I just found an awesome deal and had to do it.
It's an 04 Ducati 620 Monster Capirex edition, only 65 made.
It has some rash on the left side but I don't care. It is my dream bike and I'm stoked!
VVVVPics farther down thread VVVV

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: It's time to move on : (

im sure you could get 4g for it, or 3500 easy. but i understand you have time constraints... that really sucks man. im SO sorry... i think we all understand how hard this is...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

^^ that's what I thought, like 4. But there are like 5-6 08's on craigslist here for under 3500 and they've just been sitting there. Not sure if it's the economy, not season yet, or a combo of both. neways, thanks guys-

·
Registered
24 Posts

Aww man, that sucks.

I bet if you could afford to hang onto it until the weather's a little warmer you'd get more for it. Once people start seeing a few more bikes on the road in the nice weather, they start getting the riding bug and those ninjas will all be selling.

Around here, we rarely even find one used. The dealership was sold out of 09's and still had a waitlist by mid-January. Last year was about the same.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts

Yeah I'm with gummybear on that one, you can get $4k easily, just take a look at ebay and you'll see.

Sorry to hear about you and your girl, shit happens and you'll get through it bro. If you need someone to talk to....stockwall can help you out ahahaha. Nah dude you'll be alright, hang in there.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts

virtualmatrix258 said:
Yeah I'm with gummybear on that one, you can get $4k easily, just take a look at ebay and you'll see.

Sorry to hear about you and your girl, shit happens and you'll get through it bro. If you need someone to talk to....stockwall can help you out ahahaha. Nah dude you'll be alright, hang in there.
Way to kick him when he's down Virt. haha.

You'll sell this one then in the summer find a way to buy another. Once you start riding you will always go back.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

How about a first generation 250 for a beater? They are very easy on the pocket especially when it comes to repairs .

Sorry about the girl . Just get yourself together and things will turn around.
Hang around anyhow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: ( JUST BOUGHT A DUCATI) It's time to move on

Well, it's a 2004 monster 620 capirex edition, for the Italian racer Capirossi. I was told they only made 65 of them since that was his number. This edition has a 6 speed Wet Clutch that shifts smooth as hell. Also I'm not sure if it is geared different but this thing has mad acceleration, it pulls hard on a 695 monster soooo yeah?
It was wet out so I couldn't put it through it's paces, but the brakes really shined. Big ol' Brembo's have a lot of stopping power. The riding position is so much different it will take some getting use too. I need to get turn signals and a new chain pretty soon but other than that the thing is solid.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Sounds beautiful but is way too quiet. I may be doing another DIY muffler. I bought it from a guy about an hour away from me. he has 2 aprilias, a harley, a triumph triple, an old moto guzzi and some dirt bikes. Anyways I can't find anyone to ride with me to go pick it up GRRRR..... So yeah I have to wait.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts

You know what sucks is the amount of times the word "Wait" is used in the forums. Like we're all cursed by having to wait for something we want lol. Dude I hope you get it soon!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.