Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Probably had the music going so loud she didn't hear you!

Lucky man!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts

Break a mirror or a headlight and if she pulls over and asks "why did you do that" tell her, "well, it wasn't your windshield, isn't that enough?"

Yea, I've broken off rear view mirrors, kicked doors, etc.... All of a sudden you have their undivided attention.... CF knuckled riding gloves/steel toe boots FTW!

/no tolerance for bad driving.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It honestly never crossed my mind to inflict damage. I have always said that if my life is in danger than I certainly will attack a door or mirror.

In that moment I never felt like I was in danger. Only that the person needed a whole bunch of horn and a hand gesture or two. Plus I think if I'd tried to get a boot out it would have endangered me more than just letting it go.

I'm zen like that :p

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The followup:

Went to Charlotte St station at lunch with a CD of the video. At first the officer seemed non-interested about the whole ordeal but after actually watching the footage he changed tunes.

One quick DOT look-up and he called the car's owner whom happened to be the driver's partner. He knew about the incident and gave the officer her number.

When he tried to call he got the message service so I left my name and number and headed back to the office. Not 5 minutes after leaving he called back and said he had spoken to the driver.

She was apologetic and according to the officer she sounded like she was shaken by the incident (I think that had more to do with a call from the fuzz). He offered for her to come into the station and watch the footage to see just how close she had come. I'm not sure if she will be doing that but the call was enough for me. The officer asked if I wanted to take it any further and I declined on the basis that it was not malicious and anyone could make the same mistake.

The officer gave some positive feedback on my camera. I said he should see the uncompressed original footage if he wants to be wow'd.

tl;dr: Cops called lady and politely abused her. Lady was apologetic.

·
1,465 Posts
Dont know if anyone else notice but that horn definitely doesnt sound like a bike horn. I had a air horn on my bike one. Flew off doing a wheelie haha. That thing was loud. No high pitched like most. Good stuff!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dont know if anyone else notice but that horn definitely doesnt sound like a bike horn. I had a air horn on my bike one. Flew off doing a wheelie haha. That thing was loud. No high pitched like most. Good stuff!!!

Love a good horn. I've replaced my horn w/ a dual set from my '97 Dodge Intrepid (there's a sound clip on site somewhere) before I sold it. Made a huge difference.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Most time some idiot does something stupid i'm hanging on and can't get a finger to hit the horn.
Just try to avoid them at all cost.....
Then it's to late to honk the horn anyway....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.