Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I just purchased my first motorcycle. It's a 2008 Ninja 250 with 6k miles on it. I've never ridden a motorcycle and can't wait to finally do it. I am 37 years old and have two kids, so everyone thinks I am crazy for picking up a "dangerous" hobby. Which makes me even more excited to start! :) But, living in Minnesota is making it very difficult. I have a new motorcycle in the garage and today we are getting over a foot of snow.
I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks now and have really enjoyed reading some of the forum topics. I figured I might as well register and introduce myself.
This week I signed up for a Riders Academy course in Minneapolis. It was pretty expensive, but I think it's important that I "learn" how to ride, before hitting the streets.

Thanks for letting me hang out and be a part of this site.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Yeh i used to get ripped all the time for my 250, never bothered about it because i loved it!

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome mate, There is plenty of stuff here that you can use for info!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey, welcome! I started riding when I was 37 and had 2 kids. You're not crazy, you're clearly responsible. So enjoy chasing your dream.

The Ninja 250 is a great bike. EVERYONE here knows that. Anyone you encounter out there who rips you about the bike you ride, in my experience and opinion, is either A) someone who doesn't ride, or B) a rider, who just doesn't "get it"

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
BW! Welcome! nice looking bike, glad you introduced yourself. We're always looking for new blood. :p

As the others have said, we all here things the 250 is pretty sweet bike, many of us who used to ride much bigger and faster bikes, some of us who've gone to slightly more comfortable, bigger bikes. At the end of the day, its all about your ride man, and if somebody gives you a hard time about in a mean way, they're just not worth it. Don't think that we're not gonna give you a hard time though.... :D We're all riders, we all have fun, we all deal with the same crap on the roads, and for that, we'll give you a hard time about what ever we can find, just so you're a part of the family.... :p

Again, welcome, glad you've joined our ranks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.