Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i was out to do some more mapping.

I have been doing a lot on OSM Maps
Lately and had a gap that needed filling, it was buggin me.

Route map Here

The first map with yellow dots shows the gap i had to fill, this was not going to be a mass adventure but just a nice couple of hours. Map 2 shows the bits i filled in today.

Map 1

Map 2

Okay that the plan, now some pics.

Overview of where im heading *bush*

Had a couple of Geocaches to pic up on the way.

Decided not to do this alone

Just a stream

Also wanted to find this trig point.was well into scrub now days.

Just a track

Suzi strom smiling after a little hill climb on dirt.

No Suzi strom you are not a swamp boat.

After doing the section for my join the dots i decided i would try and get up to the Takone Radar tower, yay i made it, thins are drying out well.

Have tried this before but due to a locked gate and a dirt track around said gate i have been up there.

I dont care if it is non ionizing radiation, i aint goin in .

I could see for miles, awsome

Trig point
A triangulation station, also known as a triangulation pillar, trigonometrical station, trigonometrical point, trig station, trig beacon or trig point, and sometimes informally as a trig, is a fixed surveying station, used in geodetic surveying and other surveying projects in its vicinity. The names of triangulation stations vary regionally; they are generally known as trigonometrical stations in North America, trig points in the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia, and trig beacons in South Africa; triangulation pillar is the more formal term for the concrete columns found in the UK.
Thanks for looking into my backyard.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Dude! That's awesome, and to think, how long ago was it that you used to park your butt on a cruiser? Indie, I'm so proud!
Hahahah, he's come such a long way...

Hey Indie with all these tracks/maps, what mapsets do you use on your GPS?

I've got 'shonkymaps' but thats it for now... don't really want to fork out $200+ for the Garmin Topo maps.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OSM Australia

Tracks 4 Australia

There was another contours Australia but the page is not loading.

Also have a few versions of city navigator floating about ;)

Also use google earth with these overlays at 40% tranparency
overlays for Google Earth

Hahahah, he's come such a long way...

Hey Indie with all these tracks/maps, what mapsets do you use on your GPS?

I've got 'shonkymaps' but thats it for now... don't really want to fork out $200+ for the Garmin Topo maps.

Felix

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.