Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though there is still about a foot of snow leading to my babybarn, I just had to go and start the 250. I changed the oil, took out the intake an exhaust plug, installed the battery, and crossed my fingers that the gas didn't somehow gunk up the carbs (that I drained) and give it a shot with the choke on.....After 4 months of sleepling the thing started like a brand new bike !!! ;D ;D ;D.

After a lil while the thing would have an erratic idle and die with any input of the throttle, so I went inside the house and let her warm up for about 10 minutes...sure enough when I got back the thing was all good, gave it some WOT from idle and it would revup to redline with ease, then I've put it in gear (for a little load on the engine), did the same thing..Woot! The carbs survived winter ! I was so scared I'd have to rebuilt them ;D

Now....melt you damn snow..MEEELLLTTT !!!!! :mad:

Oh and to satisfy the pic hungry people..here's the new cowl I just got.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
its looking good :) very nice cowl, cant wait for it to be riding reason

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
youngphillip85 said:
The cowl is looking great! so how cold does it get where you are? we get down in the 20's but i've rode it straight through the winter.
The coldest month in January we have -30 days, but mostly it's around -15 average I guess (-22 F and 5 F respectively).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rayme, I feel you. I went and got my license and got the bike insured, some gear and the bike out of storage. Rode it one day with 25-30 mph winds, and it has snowed again here!

Warm now!! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts