Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don't know why I want to post this but I feel like this is a really sad story and from this, I hope you guys are ALL be careful out there while riding your bike. This happens back in January, 2 months before I became interested in motocycle. I'm gonna copy and paste the article here so you guys don't have to click on the link and read straight from here but if you want to get its original sources. Feel free. Check out the pictures too.

Motorcyclist killed in crash with 87-year-old driver
Fountain Valley resident was taken to UCI hospital after the collision, where he died from injuries.

Original link: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/accident-police-saw-2233700-car-neighbor

PICTURE LINK: http://www.ocregister.com/photos/accident-police-saw-2233700-car-neighbor/pid2233701

A motorcyclist was killed this afternoon after colliding with a 87-year-old driver in Westminster.

Police said the woman in the vehicle was making a left into a shopping parking lot, when the 29-year-old motorcyclist heading eastbound on Edinger near Magnolia slammed into the silver Toyota Camry.

The Fountain Valley man was taken to UCI Medical Center, said Westminster police spokesman Van Woodson. His identity is not being released until his family is notified.

At the scene, a blue motorcycle helmet lay on the ground next to the mangled CVR 600 Honda motorcycle. The car had a large dent on the passenger's door, with glass on the rooftop.

When asked about the accident, the woman, who was getting in a car with a neighbor, said she didn't know what happened, and deferred questions to the police.

"I'm OK," she said.

"She's in shock," the neighbor said.

Pablo Espinoza, 48, was waiting at a bus stop to go to his Santa Ana home when he saw the accident.

He said he saw the man try to stand, and breathe after the accident. But when the ambulance came, the man was not moving at all.

"He was in pretty bad shape," he said. "I have that picture in my head right now. I saw him fly up and land. It was just awful."

Don Tran, who works at a liquor store in the shopping center where the accident happened, said he heard the crash, and ran out to see the man laying on the ground.

"When he hit down, he had damage here," Tran said, pointing to his temple. "And blood coming from his nose."

"I'll pray for him."

I actually remembered this incident because I lived like one block away from the crash site. We went to market here often. I remembered driving home from school and saw alot of police cars. I know that it was an accident, thought it just cars, but didn't know it was between a bike and a car. I heard it but never actually saw the pictures until now and I think it was just crazy. I mean look at the bend of the car and pieces of what left a honda 600. I wonder how fast was he going when he hits this car. What do you guys think? Anyway, thank you for reading such a long post, I never post anything this long before lol. Thank you and once again ride SAFE out there!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Not good at all. As much as I hate reading about these things, you can't help yourself. These stories are good and timely reminders that we are responsible for our own safety, no one else.
I only hope that no one here reads about myself or one of our many friends in the group in this way.
Ride safe and make it home.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the woman cross the double line to turn (totally illegal). She turned without seeing him coming. On his side, i guess he assume she saw him, so he must speed up to pass her so she could turn and of course he had the right of way, but one speed up, one turn, accident. I guess both side were at fault. I think as a rider, you can't assume anything.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I lost one of my best friends last month .It was his fault but we don't know what happen . I think he was distracted and turned in front of the van. Point is .It dost not matter whose fault it is we all lose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts