Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Is a jetkit absolutely needed after installing a slip on exhaust?

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ninjafreak 
#1 ·
Hey all, I am really nervous about jetting my bike as I am a total newbie and the dealer refuses to do this mod ( says it voids warranty ). I bought a yoshimura carbon fiber exhaust (slip on) and they recommend a rejet on their site. My question is what will happen if I dont do this rejet. Will it hurt my 2009 ninja??
I know most of you do this rejet or "shim the needles" and say its a must but I'd rather not do it unless absolutely needed. Please any advice. Its a brand new bike and I dont want to take it apart and fool with it, I just want this cool exhast on it...lol. Thanks in advance.
Also this is the kit recommened any further comments appreciated... http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/motorcycle/kawasaki.aspx

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the reply, but Im still confused about any damage occuring. If I dont rejet or shim and add a new exhaust will I cause damage to the engine by wrong back pressure or some thing like that?? Sorry for being such a newbie but thats what this site is about right?

Yes I will be posting lots of pics and videos in the upcoming months. I want to be a real contributor to this site but I want my bike totally finished before I start.....I intend to have one of the sickest 250's ever seen on this site.....just gonna have to wait!!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info spooph, I will no doubt be getting my hnds dirty at some point. I will have one sick ninja...look wise that is. Performance wise is another story...LOL. Baby steps indeed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.