Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/1144820049.html

just found this ad in charlotte this morning. They are selling an 08' for $4,000 but get this....they said the bike was over $7000 new!!! I understand they are saying they have a 5 year warranty, lo-jack, etc......but its an 08!!!!! 08 models were $3500 new....if this guy payed another $3500 plus to get a warranty and lo-jack he should have just saved the extra $3500 and used it to buy a 2nd bike if the first one gets damaged or stolen. What a jackass.

·
Registered
87 Posts
well, some shops you can get a lot of different warranties.
for instance, the shop i got my ninja from set me up with their vip plan for 1500.
it takes care of all schedules manteinance for 3 years, 2 tires, 2 batteries, 6 uscheduled oil changes, 10% off anything in the store, and a few other things.

but i have an 09, and i am paying about 7000 for it. but i also got new gear along with the bike, so..

it really just depends on the place.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yeah, i know i paid a little bit too much but that maintenance schedule is just about worth it, especially since i am always broke.
if you dont count that $1500 plan, then i only spent $5500
that was with tax, tag, title and about $500 worth of gear. and probably some other fees.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That still means you paid $5000 out the door just for the bike right?

Good point on the maintenance plan but the extended warranty directly from kawasaki is around $580 for 4 YEARS (I think) so 2 years of extended warranty for $1600, sorry man but you would have been getting raped!!

I paid $3800 and change out the door for my 08 brand new and still would have been under $4500 WITH the 4 year extended warranty.

G

·
Don't get suckered in by dealers and add ons, you have to ask yourself if these things are really worth paying for and if you really need them at all.

Cause if you go to sell it later, you're just going to end up losing money cause no one's going to pay that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.