Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow ninjas and ninjettes. I'm sam from georgia and i've been building my own ninjas for a year now. I've got a 2001 spliced with a 2002 frame that me and my father built this summer. Everything from carb work to air pressure in the tires. We took a basket case of a 250 and bought a 02 ninja that had been wrecked but sitting for 10 years. The engine had less than a thousand miles on it. We bought it for about 200 bucks and took it back home and combined the new engine with the already pre-existing frame and plastics we bought earlier. So after that i started riding and learned from my father. We then went on to buy a 2008 lambo-orange paintjob ninja 250 with a completely blown engine for about 1,050. Continuing our addiction to mechanic work on the 250's we bought another engine for 500 and built a beautiful bike. It's always useful to be on a forum with fellow builders and riders. hope to help and be helped in the near future. Have a good day ninjas.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome Samson! Sounds like you and your Dad know your way around the tools, you might be handy to keep around!!
As Jkv mentoned, post up some pics ASAP! Especially the Orange Ninja, we don't see that colour very often!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes, and it really is a great way to bond with your father/guardian figure. As you guys asked for here are some pics of the orange bike during and after. I'll have to go looking for my camera and retrieve the older pics for the ****** that i love so much.

Oh, and i live in roswell, georgia. Its nearer atlanta than anything else.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i would love to have the color re-sprayed the same but it can get pretty steep for a paint job. As for the white one we sprayed matte white with store bought paint. My favorite detail is the awesome edition of a bed liner belly pan.

Talking about the pre-gen vs. new-gen, I would have to say its a toss up, i love them equally now because the white one is more casual and ergonomic for street riding. The 2008 has a beautiful curve and stance so i go between the two constantly. Balance has improved on the newer one plus it is limber. I assume thats because of the newer seals and all the more lubricated parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.