Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
did anyone celebrate?

On another note, I think my gf wants a motorcycle, but I'm afraid she wouldn't adapt to it and it would be extremely dangerous. Before spooph tears into my ass, I just want to say that she's a good car driver, but I still have to "drive" for her, even in the passenger seat which is a rarity these days lol.

It would be nice for us to have something to do like that. What do you gals/spooph what do you think?

·
4,853 Posts
I'd rather stop her than see her in 2 pieces because she saw a cat cross the road lol.

See, its the motorcycle posters I just got framed and hung up! That and the fact that I've been making some *clears throat* phone calls about bikes.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tell her whom ever has the " kahoonas" gets the first bike. So what color is she getting?

snort cackle haha!!!

·
4,853 Posts
heh

I dont want to give anything away just yet, I dont think mine will come in Green lol so I might have to customize it. Hers will most likely come in yellow or red. Maybe its just a phaze for now I'd like for her to watch me because I have experience, and I'd like for her to get laser eye surgery. She's got a really bad astigmatism. Also, she's scared lifeless of a stick, one of the reasons why she's never driven the supra. So the bike is about the same lol.

SHE JUST WANTS TO BE ONE OF THE COOL KIDS!

·
4,853 Posts
she has no choice but to take the course, out here if you're caught without the endorcement, you get your bike towed, $500 fine, and court + possible traffic school. Its no joke out here.

Oh and felix....she's the submissive one ;)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Zartan, I wish everyday is that day! good stuff.

Virt, what?! your chickening out on an opportunity to oggle her on a bike for an unlimited amount of time?! "Oh sorry guys, can't hang out tonight, we have to go work on some parking lot riding stuff..." With the eye brows being raised...

Zartan and Felix are spot on. Delta's all over it too.

Magnolia, inputs?

Virt, this is what I've been doing with a lady friend who came up to me and said: "I want to ride a motorcycle". I said "cool", what all do you want to know? She said: "Everything". I said "cool".

I had her go to www.howstuffworks.comhttp://http:// so she knows how the different parts of a motorcycle work. I then pointed these parts out to her on my bike, and what the inside of a bike looks like on my other bike in pieces right now...

We went driving, I taught her how to drive a stick, with just the clutch pedal first, and after about 15 minutes on JUST THE CLUTCH, we added in the gas. After 15 minutes of both clutch and gas we added in the brake pedal. After 15 minutes (45 total), she drove me back to my house. During that following week I also taught her how to double clutch, how to heel toe shift, and how to feel which wheels are loaded so she can slide the rear end out easier... It was SO MUCH fun... What's the worst that could happen? We could both die in a ball of fire having the time of our lives? Bring it on!

So, having an understanding of both the mechanics of a bike, and a firm grasp on the clutch, I took her to a parking lot with my 250. Within like 30 minutes she mastered the clutch and we started working on slow and high speed turns independently... She just passed her MSF course on Sunday! You could have lit up a room with how happy her face was beaming. I certainly hope I showed her how proud I was of her. That's just badass, and I was as giddy as a school girl. We went for a "celebration ride".... I'm about to teach her how to ride with a passenger (me :p)

She's getting her money together for a 250, and depending on when she gets the money, she might go for either the Megelli or the Ninja... We'll see. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy her a bike though, b/c: 1.) She's perfectly capable of doing it herself and I wouldn't want to take away her opportunity for the pride of buying one's own first motorcycle... 2.) I have a bike to lend her while she can choose exactly what she wants, and since it's her money she's spending on it, she'll make sure it's the right thing that she's buying...

Until then, she gets to borrow Cherry whenever she wants, and I'm stuck with a cage :( at least it smells like her :)

·
4,853 Posts
hehe, I printed this out, I want to work with her on this. She needs something to do, I worry though, I've been hit multiple times in different scenarios and I just want to make sure she's safe. I guess one of the reasons I'm worrying is my dad is currently in the hospital, may not make it, and I dont want to lose another piece of me....wow, thats so oprah lol.

I'll spend some time with her in the car first, not a good first car clutch/gear scenario but with a large empty parking lot and some time she'll do great. As for the bike, I might go rent a 125cc enduro dirtbike that essentially drive themselves and go for a ride on my uncles property, 40+ acres so she can haul ass, slow maneuvering, and if she tumbles over its in the dirt.

Thanks spooph! You're #1 today, Felix #2 because of his mean comment and dubstep music lol.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
HAHA, Jester, yes she is, but not in any way you'd expect... She's just being a great friend, and a potential riding buddy. Which are the only things I'm willing to accept at this juncture... I don't much like riding with guys. They usually have too much pride to respect a 250...

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
spooph said:
HAHA, Jester, yes she is, but not in any way you'd expect... She's just being a great friend, and a potential riding buddy. Which are the only things I'm willing to accept at this juncture... I don't much like riding with guys. They usually have too much pride to respect a 250...
:(

Felix

·
Registered
267 Posts
sorry to hear about your dad virt, I hope everything turns out ok. BTW you might not want to let her learn to drive a manual on the supra. if you don't know what you're doing, a clutch is pretty easy to destroy with overslipping! we had a mini test drive day at the dealer and the next day (after a full day of dummies not knowing how to drive it) we had to put a clutch in it. see if you can borrow somebody's cheaper pos and let her learn on that first.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.