Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a tail light that has turn signal capabilities as well but I am not sure on how the wiring is supposed to set up. The light came with a white plug, which I easily matched with the stock plug on the bike, but it also has two yellow wires that I assume are meant for the turn signal. The problem is, I don't know what to do with them.
I tried to post a link below but it may not work. Anyway, I found it on ebay and I kinda need help installing it. Thanks for any responses.
Integrated LED Taillight Turn Signals Kawasaki Ninja 250R EX250 2008 2012 Smoke | eBay

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I ran into a problem. Like I said, there's a white plug for the taillight, and two yellow wires, one for each signal. Well, I tested the yellow wires with the green signal wires and the signal came on but didn't blink. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my ground? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

· Registered
234 Posts
scars2remindus said:
Ok, so I ran into a problem. Like I said, there's a white plug for the taillight, and two yellow wires, one for each signal. Well, I tested the yellow wires with the green signal wires and the signal came on but didn't blink. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my ground? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again.
You connect the signals to the "hot" wire the other stock one is ground you just cover it. Then you might need a flasher relay and diode if you have not. Then a load resistor on the signals.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Aren't those integrated tail lights illegal? I heard they are supposed to be 10-12 inches apart. Is that true?
It wouldn't hurt to check with your local transport authority. I installed one on my 250R, but I also installed other blinkers since the integrated system makes the blinkers very hard to see, especially under braking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.