Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what every has/recommends for insurance.

I won't be financing so I'm not restricted to needing full coverage.

I've been calling around for quotes, lowest possible I can go is $215 per year, for bare ass minimum insurance. On the other end, highest possible coverage is ~$900 per year.

I'm really tempted to go to the high end. It includes things such as someone else knocking over my bike when it's parked, and they will cover the cost of a NEW bike, not the current value of mine, if it needs to be replaced.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
622 Posts
You should go for the high end. Mine's gonna be like 650 - 700 for the bare minimum since I'm only 19, so take advantage of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huh, I guess I'm lucky :)

StockWall said:
Go for the high end. Buy once Cry once. Besides, I spend more than that on coffee in 2 months. haha ;D
Long time ago I figured out that I was spending over $3000 per year on coffee etc. Cut back pretty quick hehe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$5 per visit, two visits per day, 6 visits per week. That's $60 in a week. Multiply that by 52, and... :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So back on topic abit, is there anything I should ask/watch out for when getting insurance done? (Apart from coffee stain protection ;))

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Try nationwide if it is in your area, I am in WA state. It was very reasonable. The best rate I could find . But what is killing most of your wallets is the age thing. Can't change that for a few years.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i got qouted from american family for full coverage basically transfering coverage on ym car to the bike when i turn 18 will be only... 864 a year pretty decent cause right now i pay 2800 a year for my car insurance, i figure the bike will pay for itself in 2 year from the insurance savings alone. :p sweet deal

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just checked esurance and they quoted me at 291 for 12 mos. I don't think my familys insurance offers coverage for motorcycles in my state, so I'm tempted to try the esurance deal. I just wonder if anybody has heard anything bad about them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Received a paper quote from the company that told me ~900 today - They're now offering me full coverage for $622 per year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out State Farm. My dad is an agent for SF and I am paying $242 for the year. I have full coverage 250/500/100 liability limits and $100 deductibles on comp and coll. The cheap price may be because all my other insurance is with SF and i have a clean record. Who knows but he said he has been doing A LOT of motorcycles in the past few months.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts