Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Google it. See if you can't find a kit that comes pre-wired and with instructions.
Wiring it directly to your battery isnt a great idea, And being able to control when they're on and off is a good idea.
I'm fairly sure ebay has allot of switched kits.
Before you do it though, Really decide if its what you want to do :p

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ratty said:
Google it. See if you can't find a kit that comes pre-wired and with instructions.
Wiring it directly to your battery isnt a great idea, And being able to control when they're on and off is a good idea.
I'm fairly sure ebay has allot of switched kits.
Before you do it though, Really decide if its what you want to do :p
I was looking at eBay. They have some that are made for motorcycles.
Thanks for info for battery. Some kits just go straight to battery. It does sounds bad.
Just looking for some one that has gone through it and knows the pros and cons.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yea they were pretty easy. I can't remember the exact brand but they are the ones that Cycle Gear carries. The installation can be tricky though due to limited wiring so make sure you plan where you want each LED before you actually stick them on. The directions were pretty specific. You just have to wire and connect everything yourself. They provide a helpful diagram. Check out Cyclegear.com

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Treysum said:
It was a total of 6 pieces. 2 strips above my rear tire, one on each side on the inside my the cowling and 2 above the front tire. It really depends on how much you want it to me lit up.
That's where I'm stuck too. I don't want to much light. I want glow to come from the frame. I'm thinking 4.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey all I'm new here but figured I would add to your thread.
I installed some red led flex lights to my ninja got them from autozone and installed them down on the inside of the fairing were the exhaust pipes make the bend heading toward the rear.

It's been 3 months and 756 miles with no melting problems. As for connecting them I ran the wire along the frame to the fuse box and connected them to the brake/ running light that way they come on and when the engine starts and not just when the key is on.

It lights up the frame, engine and a nice area around the front tire and ground area, can be seen from the side openings in the plastic as well. Next I will be Putting one or two "led pods" under the rear fender to assist the stupid ppl at night that can't seem to see the small brake light on the back

Hope I have given someone some ideas or assisted in some way

·
Registered
420 Posts
Somehow I missed someone asking me how many mine was here is what I got

2 12inchers. I put one I've the front wheel and on over the Back wheel both bent I'm a "u" shape

Then 2, 5 inchers on the frame facing the engine, each side has one

2 6 inchers I wan to put on the bottom fairing yet but I want to paint it a figure where to run the wire, they all just plug in.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
12RKNinja said:
Hey all I'm new here but figured I would add to your thread.
I installed some red led flex lights to my ninja got them from autozone and installed them down on the inside of the fairing were the exhaust pipes make the bend heading toward the rear.

It's been 3 months and 756 miles with no melting problems. As for connecting them I ran the wire along the frame to the fuse box and connected them to the brake/ running light that way they come on and when the engine starts and not just when the key is on.

It lights up the frame, engine and a nice area around the front tire and ground area, can be seen from the side openings in the plastic as well. Next I will be Putting one or two "led pods" under the rear fender to assist the stupid ppl at night that can't seem to see the small brake light on the back

Hope I have given someone some ideas or assisted in some way
Would love too see some pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
12RKNinja said:
I'll get some good detailed ones and a close up ASAP when I get back home but here is a quick pic at night (somehow I/my phone deleted the pic of the led strip before it was on the bike)

12RKNinja
Here is the pics. If you get auto zone brand be sure to grab some extra wire and some crimp connectors. As you see I still have to extend my wiring but as for now it works.

Enjoy

12RKNinja

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.