Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the K&N pod filter so the dyno guys didn't have to strip the whole bike down.

Rode to work today and OH BOY she's not doing so well. I knew there would be some difference but not this much. I can't go over about 1/5 throttle without it bogging down.

Should the difference be this extreme? I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to go 110kph on the highway. Which is a little scary.

Once it get's to the dyno all is well. But until then...

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Dude I've read about this before... on a stock bike that is.

RacerX runs a pod, but his bike is tuned. The standard airbox is not only designed to control the air that goes in, but is tuned... it's all about harmonics and stuff :p

What jetting/shimming have you done? You've opened up the exhaust and the intake massively, now new need to add the fuel!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You and your harmonics!

Needles are shimmed. The Jet Kit goes on tomorrow on the dyno.

So I just have to suck it up? Or wrap the pod in tape to close off some airflow? Bah!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.