Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and added another bike to the shed, Suzuki DR 650 then had to test it out.

Went out with a mate today to do some poking about on a track he wanted to do.

Well i have a new DR that i only brought the day before and hadn't ridden yet. i head off about 8.45am and get out there to take some pics and have a coffee while he drives out in 4wd with bike.

First few pics and at this stage you couldnt wipe the smile of my dial, the DR loves the gravel and is petty good on the wet dirt n grass. So much easier than the Wee Strom which has been here aswell.

Map link HERE

Well at this point things are all clean and track looks good, mate arrives and we head of, he is two up.

One of the many little SLIPPERY bridges

Some of the thousand odd water holes.

Still looking good and im still smiling.:thumbs:

Greasy bloody track

By this time i have realised i have way to much gear on and im not 20 anymore, i am feeling my 40 + hips.

No we have just come down one steep hill and you would think it must go back up, well it did.

This was the last pic of the trail as we spent the next hour getting the DR with it friggin road tyres up the hill, she spat me off that many times it wasnt funny and i am not the fittest so i though i was dying, one should need to suck air so hard.

The worst was when we made it to the top i had left my helmet down there :bang:, its good to have mates who will go get it for ya :chug:.

Back at the start

This need to have better knobs i think.

I can tell you that i need to do more of this as i feel totally knackered, now i have to bloody clean up.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hahaha!!! Looks like you had fun........For an old bloke!!!! :p

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Wicked, if I move out west, I might be selling/trading in the Ninja for something dirt orientated. I rode TR's KLR a bunch in the USA, I liked it, I'm just worried about dropping it, and throwing it around trails... the DR looks lighter and maybe easier to lift. They also do a 400 right?

What did you pay for that one if you don't mind telling me :D

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
the DR400s are monsters. great power to weight and even on dirt they are wheelie hungry.

i thought about getting one here before my 600 but couldnt find a 2nd hand one for love nor money.

they are as rare as rocking horse shit.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I can't wait to see him try walking into work this morning!!! He will be sore!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Brilliant! I need to get a dirty bike. That looks like so much fun! I also think that's the first time we see Indie's face! You don't look 40 dude... Good for you! Keep it up, and as always, love the photos and sharing of stories! Keep 'em coming!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
You looked a hell of a lot older this morning when you came into work with your walking stick!!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
More.....Brokeback mountain I think!!!! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.